Contribute
Register

Making an AMD RX580 2048SP Graphics Card Work on Hackintosh

@ghostfire
Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know how it works for you.
Thank you so much! It working with macos ventura. But the problem is there is no driver's for windows 10. There is driver and i install it but that driver not opening.

Hello @yyymmm
I've tried so hard to get my graphics card recognized on MacOS, but I haven't gotten anywhere. If you can help me, I would be extremely grateful.

this is the link when i click: lookup in cpu-z

Attachments

• cpuz.gif
    cpuz.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Flipcq Original Bios.rar
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so much! It working with macos ventura. But the problem is there is no driver's for windows 10. There is driver and i install it but that driver not opening.
@ghostfire
To fix the driver issue for Windows OS, use ATI patcher. See the download link in Posting 139 by Krutel.

Hello @yyymmm
I've tried so hard to get my graphics card recognized on MacOS, but I haven't gotten anywhere. If you can help me, I would be extremely grateful.

this is the link when i click: lookup in cpu-z
@Flipcq
Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• FlipcqCRC.rar
    95 KB · Views: 7
@ghostfire
To fix the driver issue for Windows OS, use ATI patcher. See the download link in Posting 139 by Krutel.
I did that but still there's no driver showing. It's just showing installed but from task manager nothing!

@Flipcq
Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.
Thank you in advance for your help.Unfortunately, it didn't work, no video output. I had already tried to do as you described in your post. There was a ROM that worked for a while, but when trying to start macOS, it loads the Apple logo, and then the video stops. I'll attach that ROM here. I think I'll put the Hackintosh aside for now. If you think of anything, please let me know here

Attachments

• VBIOS-Sapphire.RX470.8192.161220.rar
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
Thank you in advance for your help.Unfortunately, it didn't work, no video output. I had already tried to do as you described in your post. There was a ROM that worked for a while, but when trying to start macOS, it loads the Apple logo, and then the video stops. I'll attach that ROM here. I think I'll put the Hackintosh aside for now. If you think of anything, please let me know here
@Flipcq
It sounds something is wrong with your OpenCore config.plist file. With the original rom, your RX580/2048SP video card should be able to display and boot into macOS with no issues. It will show only 7MB vRAM, as illustrated by my screen capture below. Have you tried to boot to macOS with the original rom? If you can't boot into macOS with the original rom, it means that there is something wrong with your config.plist or its associated files. In other words, it is not a video card rom issue. The issue is with your config.plist or other boot loader files.

Only-7MB-DDR5.png

@Flipcq
It sounds something is wrong with your OpenCore config.plist file. With the original rom, your RX580/2048SP video card should be able to display and boot into macOS with no issues. It will show only 7MB vRAM, as illustrated by my screen capture below. Have you tried to boot to macOS with the original rom? If you can't boot into macOS with the original rom, it means that there is something wrong with your config.plist or its associated files. In other words, it is not a video card rom issue. The issue is with your config.plist or other boot loader files.

View attachment 580191
@yyymmm
With the original BIOS of my graphics card it does work, I can enter macOS and it shows that there is approximately 5MB of VRAM and no acceleration. The RX470 BIOS that I sent in the previous message is a modified one that I tested and it worked, but when trying to enter macOS the video simply stops working

Back