Contribute
Register

Making an AMD RX580 2048SP Graphics Card Work on Hackintosh

Please Help! when flash my little bro pc it was showing not matching id.
it's Original Bios Zip Mod please

Config:
cpu: Intel core i5 10400Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 8 GB 3200mhzRam: pny xlr8 8 GB 3200mhzMotherboard: Asrock B460m pro-4 gaming
GPU: Peladn Rx 580 2048sp (original Bios on file)

Attachments

• Ellesmere.rom.zip
    111.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Please Help! when flash my little bro pc it was showing not matching id.
it's Original Bios Zip Mod please

Config:
cpu: Intel core i5 10400Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 8 GB 3200mhzRam: pny xlr8 8 GB 3200mhzMotherboard: Asrock B460m pro-4 gaming
GPU: Peladn Rx 580 2048sp (original Bios on file)
@OReO

Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know how it works.

Attachments

• OreO2CRC.rar
    108.4 KB · Views: 5
Please help! I wanted to install macos sonoma.
It's original Bios Mod this please.

Attachments

• Ellesmere.rar
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
Hello @yyymmm

I patched my Mogul Magic Dragon (RX580 2048) according to your documentation and included the GOP.
It is running on a Mac Pro 5,1 with Sonoma (OCLP 1.4.2) 2x Xeon 5690. Both Monitors are working (Cinema 30 and Cinema 27 LED). The Mac Pro 5,1 is GOP enabled, so no need to patch any PC Graphics Card with GOP for Bootpicker.
Some issues occured:
- Windows 11 is only running in Compatibilty mode (RX570 needs additional driver installation)
Tested with different drivers (always after ddu 3 times in safe-mode) original current AMD Drivers, Bootcampdrivers legacy and latest). And for sure SMC reset and NVRAM Reset 4 times before testing.
- Sonoma works so far even with Acceleration, but there is no sound over Display Port to the Cinema LED 24
Works with original (non China MSI RX570 and Vega 56)
But for me the real issue is the Windows driver not working.
Maybe you can find something I did wrong and help me out.

Many thanks in advance.

The GPU-Z shows the original rom working with the legacy Bootcampdrivers. (for sure not recognized in Mac OS)

Greets René
Original_Bios_Mogul_Dragon_RX580_2048.gif

Attachments

• bios_org.rom.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bios_org_RX580_2048_crc_fixed_gop.rom.zip
    110.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Attachments

• GhostfireCRC.rar
    108.5 KB · Views: 4
Hello @yyymmm

I patched my Mogul Magic Dragon (RX580 2048) according to your documentation and included the GOP.
It is running on a Mac Pro 5,1 with Sonoma (OCLP 1.4.2) 2x Xeon 5690. Both Monitors are working (Cinema 30 and Cinema 27 LED). The Mac Pro 5,1 is GOP enabled, so no need to patch any PC Graphics Card with GOP for Bootpicker.
Some issues occured:
- Windows 11 is only running in Compatibilty mode (RX570 needs additional driver installation)
Tested with different drivers (always after ddu 3 times in safe-mode) original current AMD Drivers, Bootcampdrivers legacy and latest). And for sure SMC reset and NVRAM Reset 4 times before testing.
- Sonoma works so far even with Acceleration, but there is no sound over Display Port to the Cinema LED 24
Works with original (non China MSI RX570 and Vega 56)
But for me the real issue is the Windows driver not working.
Maybe you can find something I did wrong and help me out.

Many thanks in advance.

The GPU-Z shows the original rom working with the legacy Bootcampdrivers. (for sure not recognized in Mac OS)

Greets RenéView attachment 580020
@ChiefBsa
Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• ChiefBsaCRC.rar
    107.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone, I need help with my video card .I Have Mllse Rx580 8gb 2048 Hynix memory .please help for modification Vbios run for hakintosh

Attachments

• mllse rx 580 2048sp Hynix.gif
    mllse rx 580 2048sp Hynix.gif
    26 KB · Views: 12
  • screenshot 2.gif
    screenshot 2.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 11
  • scrennchot1.gif
    scrennchot1.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Mllse.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 1
Right now I changed the bios, id 6fdf to 67df and bios firmware. The video signal went out, driver does not turn on in Windows 11, but Mac OS works with acceleration, what should I do in Windows to make the driver work?

Attachments

• Mod Rx 570 Series.gif
    Mod Rx 570 Series.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 15
@ChiefBsa
Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.
Hello @yyymmm

Thank you for your effort.

Unfortunately it's the same situation than before.
- The Windows driver is not loading
- Mac OS Sonoma works fine
- My issues with the sound were related to the Cinema LED and had nothing to do with the bios (worked after unplugging AC also with my patched version of the rom).

Just restored the original China Rom and Windows 11 works again without any issues and as expected Sonoma isn't.
I thought that nothing was wrong with my self patched rom. So there must be another issue with this special card.

Best regards
René
So :clap: im installed this and Yuhu, im very happy.now evrething is work Mac and Windows:):headbang::clap::lol:

Atikmdag Patcher 1.4.12

Hey Krutei!
Glad you found that! This also solved my problem!
Many thanks to you both !

Back