Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instant wake can be eliminated by applying the appropriate _PRW patch from my ACPI patch repo.
Also, you should apply "RTC Fix" to solve your CMOS reset issue.

It has been done since the beginning :)

And that problem with "Configuration changed' appearing even after windows reboot - have no idea why.
Personally, I think that Lenovo has a worst UEFI/BIOS, they have lots of bugs that aren't fixed for over a 7 years!

There is a separate fork (by tluck) of my VoodooPS2 appropriate for use with Thinkpads.
Some of your special keys are unlikely to work (WiFi/BT control) for example.
The "Switch display" key can be mapped to "Mirror toggle"... see my u430 repo for an example.

Thank you! I'll take a look on it.

It has been done since the beginning :)

Your SystemMemory differences in patched ACPI could cause issues with CMOS...
This is why it is best to use hotpatch...

OK, I have succeeded in FN keys remap, but only partially.
My media keys work OOB, FN keys I reassigned as I wanted to, but some extra keys, above numeric pad don't use EC queries (or at least I assume that - I tried to change all of _Qs which was sending some keyboard notifications to do the Brightness Up (so I can see a visual feedback of a keypress event), and that's how I figured out which keys corresponding to which queries).

Just in case someone need a E530 queries:
_Q6A - Microphone Enable/Disable key
_Q65 - Camera Enable/Disable key
_Q16 - Display output (Projector switch)
_Q14 - Brightness Up
_Q15 - Brightness Down
_Q64 - Disable/Enable wireless.

But it seems like VoodooPS2Controller.kext for ThinkPads (by tluck) doesn't work for my ClickPad (Gestures - I'll investigate this later), but keyboard, trackpoint and basic trackpad functions such as pointing, left and right click and two-finger scroll is OK. Though, I also have to make some pointer speed configuration, cause it was moving too fast.

I also used some patches (with small modifications) from tluck`s T460 repo.

So, those fancy extra keys above my numeric pad (lock, search, calc and folder) should use some other way.
Also interesting is that the Lock key, apparently, sending Win + L combination, cause it puts an "L" char on any text field.

I need your help - can't figure out now what should I do to remap those keys for combinations or codes I want, it it's even possible.

OK, I have succeeded in FN keys remap, but only partially.
My media keys work OOB, FN keys I reassigned as I wanted to, but some extra keys, above numeric pad don't use EC queries (or at least I assume that - I tried to change all of _Qs which was sending some keyboard notifications to do the Brightness Up (so I can see a visual feedback of a keypress event), and that's how I figured out which keys corresponding to which queries).

Just in case someone need a E530 queries:
_Q6A - Microphone Enable/Disable key
_Q65 - Camera Enable/Disable key
_Q16 - Display output (Projector switch)
_Q14 - Brightness Up
_Q15 - Brightness Down
_Q64 - Disable/Enable wireless.

But it seems like VoodooPS2Controller.kext for ThinkPads (by tluck) doesn't work for my ClickPad (Gestures - I'll investigate this later), but keyboard, trackpoint and basic trackpad functions such as pointing, left and right click and two-finger scroll is OK. Though, I also have to make some pointer speed configuration, cause it was moving too fast.

I also used some patches (with small modifications) from tluck`s T460 repo.

So, those fancy extra keys above my numeric pad (lock, search, calc and folder) should use some other way.
Also interesting is that the Lock key, apparently, sending Win + L combination, cause it puts an "L" char on any text field.

I need your help - can't figure out now what should I do to remap those keys for combinations or codes I want, it it's even possible.

For keys which generate macros, you can reverse them into normal keystrokes by using the "Macro Inversion" feature of my PS2 kext.

I haven't had time to document it though, so you'll need to rely on the examples in my u430 repo (which uses it) and your ability to read the source code.

For keys which generate macros, you can reverse them into normal keystrokes by using the "Macro Inversion" feature of my PS2 kext.

I haven't had time to document it though, so you'll need to rely on the examples in my u430 repo (which uses it) and your ability to read the source code.

Sounds like a plan!!! Thanks a lot. :)

OK, I also noticed some differences in reported battery capacity.

For example, macOS reports that at full charge it have like 3272 mAh and designed capacity like 3600, while actually it has 3550 (or so) fully charged capacity and 4400 mAh designed capacity.

Is that a normal behavior? I even tried to recalibrate my battery controller via Lenovo battery tools, by reseting it, fully charging, discharging and charging again (it all done in automatic mode).

It's not a big difference, but im curious what is causing it, should it be so and how I can fix it, if can at all.

Oh, and if I discharge my laptop fully (in macOS) I can't even boot to other OS - BIOS says that battery is too low (as it should be).

OK, I also noticed some differences in reported battery capacity.

For example, macOS reports that at full charge it have like 3272 mAh and designed capacity like 3600, while actually it has 3550 (or so) fully charged capacity and 4400 mAh designed capacity.

Is that a normal behavior? I even tried to recalibrate my battery controller via Lenovo battery tools, by reseting it, fully charging, discharging and charging again (it all done in automatic mode).

It's not a big difference, but im curious what is causing it, should it be so and how I can fix it, if can at all.

Oh, and if I discharge my laptop fully (in macOS) I can't even boot to other OS - BIOS says that battery is too low (as it should be).

You would need to look at the data coming from ACPI _BST and _BIF methods.
Details on these methods is in the ACPI specification.

You would need to look at the data coming from ACPI _BST and _BIF methods.
Details on these methods is in the ACPI specification.

Already looked at those, so as for GBST and GBIF. And have compared changes in current DSDT with original DSDT, but could't see anything strange.
Still, my knowledge in this kind of (BIOS and macOS)'s peculiar properties apparently isn't enough to understand those code entirely, so I easily could miss something.

Also noticed, that my AC power adapter detected as 45W, when it's actually is 90W. Maybe this is an explanation why my laptop charging so slowly.
And by taking a short look on that code I can assume, that this problem can be related to a work bitwise shift (90 >> 1 = 45), but have no idea how I can test it or fix it. All I tried up to this moment was unsuccessful.

Maybe you can help me with this (if you have enough time, ofc, it's not urgent).
I can't manage it on my own. Here's my complete Problem Report.

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Oh... And again RTL8111 kext just lost connection after a long sleep.

Already looked at those, so as for GBST and GBIF. And have compared changes in current DSDT with original DSDT, but could't see anything strange.
Still, my knowledge in this kind of (BIOS and macOS)'s peculiar properties apparently isn't enough to understand those code entirely, so I easily could miss something.

Also noticed, that my AC power adapter detected as 45W, when it's actually is 90W. Maybe this is an explanation why my laptop charging so slowly.
And by taking a short look on that code I can assume, that this problem can be related to a work bitwise shift (90 >> 1 = 45), but have no idea how I can test it or fix it. All I tried up to this moment was unsuccessful.

Maybe you can help me with this (if you have enough time, ofc, it's not urgent).
I can't manage it on my own. Here's my complete Problem Report.

You will need to analyze the data and compare with reality. Only you can do that as only you know what the "correct" data would be. For example, your ioreg currently shows a fully charged battery, not charging, MaxCapacity=0xcc8, CurrentCapacity=0xcc8, and DesignCapacity=0xe10 (so your Max is 90% of design capacity).

The AC adapter data comes from FakeSMC keys, and is likely not related, not significant.

Note that TRIM+APFS is not a good idea and will likely cause issues with battery status as displayed in the menu bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back