Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there is no such a card (as far as I know), that would be allowed by Lenovo E530's white-list and will work with macOS, at least, not without white-list patch for UEFI\BIOS or card itself. But now I do not want to struggle, solving this problem (I know that i need to buy card, change it's IDs from Linux and then change those IDs somehow back for macOS, still I have no idea if I can change those IDs back to normal for Windows).

So, should I turn off my WiFi card from DSDT somehow for better battery life (if it is possible at all) or macOS does it on it's own?

Also, I tried to disable EH01, EH02, XHC and HDMI or whatever is that instance, affected by InstantWake patch (_PRW 0x0D, Zero), it doesn't work for me. So i assume that something is wrong.

So, I actually replaced Zero value to 0x03 (like in my original DSDT) one-by-one for those "devices". And instant wake still was a problem, until I've returned Zero values for ALL those instances.
In other words, even if only one of those "devices" _PWR package returns 0x03 value, sleep doesn't work.

As far as i know, i have only bluetooth, web-camera and fingerprint reader as internal USB devices.

I'll send you more data tomorrow.

Well, there is no such a card (as far as I know), that would be allowed by Lenovo E530's white-list and will work with macOS, at least, not without white-list patch for UEFI\BIOS or card itself.

One strategy is to rebrand an AR9280 card with the IDs accepted by your BIOS and then use FakePCIID to make the card work.
You can find instructions if you look at my Lenovo u430 guide as that is something I did for a while before discovering that BCM943252HMB worked.

Well, that I already knew :)
BTW, I can't eject my DVD/CD disks via laptop eject button (on the drive itself), but can via Eject option in macOS.

Is it possible to fix that button?

One way of doing it here.
Those are useful scripts, thank you!

Actually, my eject button works. But not if there is a disk inserted. I wonder if that a usual Mac behavior (you must eject disk from disk utility or Finder or Desktop)...

Well, regarding Wi-Fi, as for me BCM94352HMB is the best solution, since it has all I need - 2.5 GHz, 5GHz, Bluetooth and 802.11AC.
Also, this card is compatible with Lenovos, e.g.: E440 E540 but there is no my E530 in those lists.

Maybe it will work OOB without changes to IDs.

Also the BCM43228HMB is compatible with my laptop and I have all necessary data to flash it into the BCM94352HMB card.
And there is even information that this solution will work for me.

Those are useful scripts, thank you!

Actually, my eject button works. But not if there is a disk inserted. I wonder if that a usual Mac behavior (you must eject disk from disk utility or Finder or Desktop)...
The internal optical drives on macs had similar behaviour. The eject button was on the keyboard and via software.

Oh, I have checked just in case my serial number at Apple.com, and it is actually active now.
When it was generated - it was't valid, as it should be.
And my iMessage and FaceTime don't work now.

Should I change my serial number? Is this some new MacBook activated, or just mine being added to Apple's database?

Hm. I have changed my serial number and other SMBIOS data, cleaned all iMessage data and iMessage now works fine.
But FaceTime phone call (using iPhone) still doesn't work - it looks like I can actually receive an incoming call, but can't call anyone for some reason - it just can't connect to my iPhone.

Any ideas? I have no WiFi enabled, all was done according to an iDiot's Guide to iMessage, so it should work.

OK. I have change my serial, and iMessage and iCloud now work correctly, but iPhone Calls still aren't reliable.
Sometime my microphone just shuts down for the other person, but it actually works on my side, have no idea why.

But I have more serious problem - my Ethernet doesn't work after a sleep. It's self assigning an IP address and I can't even unload and load it again - need a restart to fix this problem.

Here's my DSDT and IORegistryExplorer report.

I already tried to update my Ethernet kext and play with names, but no luck with that. Can't find any solution either, by myself.
Maybe something is wrong in my DSDTs that I just can't see?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    48.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Roman’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    21 MB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back