Contribute
Register

Lenovo 330S i3 Panic on Clover booting to Install drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... I did and it is. I removed and downloaded a new copy of USBInjectAll.kext using Clover Configurator...
No change
zip and upload your clover folder

It took me 3 hours to notice that your reply went straight to a 2nd page... sorry.
try without any files in acpi/patched folder

make sure your kexts are the latest

if that fails then try a clean untouched config.plist from the laptop guide:

try without any files in acpi/patched folder

make sure your kexts are the latest

if that fails then try a clean untouched config.plist from the laptop guide:
Ok.... so first I tried with acpi/patched empty... I got a hang at this pic.
no acpi.jpg
then I downloaded config_uhd630.plist .... renamed and replaced on drive... also with everything placed back into acpi/patched.... and I got much further... but it still hung
new plist.jpg
I did add my smbios info into the new plist... but that should not have any effect on actual booting.

Anyways... next idea???

Ok.... so first I tried with acpi/patched empty... I got a hang at this pic.
View attachment 456368
then I downloaded config_uhd630.plist .... renamed and replaced on drive... also with everything placed back into acpi/patched.... and I got much further... but it still hung
View attachment 456369
I did add my smbios info into the new plist... but that should not have any effect on actual booting.

Anyways... next idea???
no idea as you haven't uploaded your new clover folder

also search for 1683

no idea as you haven't uploaded your new clover folder

also search for 1683
New Clover folder added....
And Rehabman does have a great guide for fixing 1683 errors.... but the guide tells you how to fix the problem when your system already has a working Mojave installation on the same computer and you are upgrading to Catalina... I do not have Mojave... I only have the Windows install that the system shipped with. That said... I see one of the solutions in his guide is already applied to the plist I downloaded, that being the change ECO and change H_EC to EC in ACPI patches.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 48
So... I literally left it sitting... and it eventually booted into the install media... keyboard and mouse not working... I have USB... but... even though it can see my SSD... Disk Utility fails to format it. Any ideas on that?

Ok... I was able to make an Active@ Recovery USB... used that to wipe all partitions from the SSD... then booted from the USB... and was then able to format with Disk Utility... and install Catalina, which seems to have completed, system rebooted a couple times during install.... But...
Still using USB to boot, select OS Catalina from Clover Menu... and while it did reboot and go through all the install menus... I have never made it to desktop and now get a hang...
halt on os start.jpg
It now appears to boot just fine to the USB installer AND to the SSD Recovery Partition... but not to the Catalina partiton.
And that one has me confused, how can it boot to recovery from the SSD but not to the OS?

Ok... I was able to make an Active@ Recovery USB... used that to wipe all partitions from the SSD... then booted from the USB... and was then able to format with Disk Utility... and install Catalina, which seems to have completed, system rebooted a couple times during install.... But...
Still using USB to boot, select OS Catalina from Clover Menu... and while it did reboot and go through all the install menus... I have never made it to desktop and now get a hang...
View attachment 456396
It now appears to boot just fine to the USB installer AND to the SSD Recovery Partition... but not to the Catalina partiton.
And that one has me confused, how can it boot to recovery from the SSD but not to the OS?
the last line in your image is due to a graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back