Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi pal..were u able to get your ATI 7970 working with yosemite?

I've been following along with these builds and am running into some trouble,
overall it's booting and working fine but the components aren't really working.

All the details listed here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...0ti-u28d590d-32gb-4x8-dominator-platinum.html

this is my first build, and it's much harder than it first looked based on the great build outlines i've seen,
however theyre just not working out for me.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

JDS1

I've been following along with these builds and am running into some trouble,
overall it's booting and working fine but the components aren't really working.

All the details listed here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...0ti-u28d590d-32gb-4x8-dominator-platinum.html

this is my first build, and it's much harder than it first looked based on the great build outlines i've seen,
however theyre just not working out for me.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

JDS1

Hey buddy, I noticed we have pretty much an identical MOBO/GPU and pretty much the same in the CPU department. If you follow the clover install guide at the start of this thread you should have a stellar experience. I followed it to the teeth and I've got a well functioning system now all thanks to this guide :) I would recommend downloading all software and apps to the USB stick first.

hi zero freeeze,

thanks for the quick response!
so i should format the drive and start from scratch?

did you have anything you changed from or added to the procedure to meet your needs that i should be aware of?

Thanks again! I'm so strung out after spending so much $&time getting it to this stage any help is really appreciated!

p.s. which versions of nvidia/cuda drivers did you install?

thanks!

hi zero freeeze,

thanks for the quick response!
so i should format the drive and start from scratch?

did you have anything you changed from or added to the procedure to meet your needs that i should be aware of?

Thanks again! I'm so strung out after spending so much $&time getting it to this stage any help is really appreciated!

No worries :) I didn't believe I changed anything, just make sure you read through the guide first and get all of the necessary files onto the USB stick. Shilohhs build was pretty much identical to what I have. A format and start from scratch would be the best way to do it too :D

When you install, you may experience a fair bit of lag which I believe is due to the graphics driver not being installed at that point in time. The drivers that Shilohh recommends you to install are fine, and then nvidia will prompt you to update CUDA drivers as well.

I'm thinking of putting together my build log as well. I'm still new to this as well but am doing my best to learn and understand things because it's so fascinating :thumbup:

Let me know how things go :)

just trying to install after creating the Mac OS partition,
it keeps hanging on 'one second remaining until restarting" etc.

maybe this is the slow GPU you stated? i left it for ages a couple times though.

just trying to install after creating the Mac OS partition,
it keeps hanging on 'one second remaining until restarting" etc.

maybe this is the slow GPU you stated? i left it for ages a couple times though.

If I remember, it took a while for it to restart as well and I got rather worried but it did do it in the end.

EDIT: I have to go to work for now, won't be able to get back to you for a while now. All the best with it and I hope it goes well :D

ok great, i was planning on waiting even longer this time.

go figure, 2 weeks holiday trying to build and get this thing together,
only to have some answers just as i go back to work tomorrow ;(

ill let you know how it goes. thanks!

yep.

done.

that last 'second' takes longer than the rest of the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back