Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ethernet code wasn't available
the ACPI (within clover boot drive is not present)

added nv_disable=1
got UUID this time
deleted EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
chose OsxAptioFixDrv2 *instead* of OsxAptioFixDrv

got the same error as last time,

hung on login

any tips?
thanks.

this is frustrating.

did you install the most up to date NVDIA driver and reboot at the point it's outlined?
did you have to manually enter boot flag at this point?

can you install the drivers last?
i'm guessing the problem lies with this, but obviously could be wrong.

im not kidding there's something missing from the install outline for me,
it keeps on giving the same results/errors.

Could you make suggestions where?

I've gone over the procedure more than 8 times now,
trying to make sure nothing has been missed.

Can you address the basic question I've asked pertaining to;
1. why ACPI folder isn't in the Clover Boot zip etc from the download link
2. why internet setup can't be made when creating account, thus (I'm assuming is why Ethernet port cannot be found)
3. NVIDIA web drivers; run newest possible at the point listed in the procedure, and set/leave as is when it wants to restart? or insert boot flag nv_disable=1 before reboot (this isn't shown in the outline as to when how/this should be done, I tried both 'not' and 'following web driver install but prior to reboot' as boot flags aren't able to be inserted at the boot screen like on unibeast setup when I tried that.

do you think the issue lie with the bios prior to install, or post installation (or still look in the mirror :()

the first two points are the only places I can see which differ from the outline described (but not through lack of trying, they're just not available)

thanks for your time and help

Hey shilohh, I just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this AMAZING guide!
I have built my hackntiosh 2 years ago on Lion and everything was fine, but thought I would do a fresh install / update and found your guide to install a fresh copy of Yosemite.

I too as @jds1 encounter the same problem, where everything is fine but when it comes to the ethernet port it is not available and when setting up the User profile when installing Yosemite it asks me to input the data of the ethernet manually.

as well when restarting getting stuck on the login screen and not going to the desktop.

when it comes to the case of the ACPI folder in the Clover Boot Drive.zip file I too noticed it was missing when downloading it both from the attachment and the Download link in the guide. as you guide states that we have to copy the ACPI file across but its missing from the zip file.

I will attempt to do everything again, but just wanted to point out that @jds1 isnt the only one that went through that problem.

Thanks again for the great guide and your time on helping/supporting others in their builds!

My System:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage iv Extreme
CPU: 3930K i7 3.2GHz (4.7GHz overclocked)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX680 Classified (Hydro Copper)
PSU: Corsair AX850w

Hey shilohh, I just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this AMAZING guide!
I have built my hackntiosh 2 years ago on Lion and everything was fine, but thought I would do a fresh install / update and found your guide to install a fresh copy of Yosemite.

I too as @jds1 encounter the same problem, where everything is fine but when it comes to the ethernet port it is not available and when setting up the User profile when installing Yosemite it asks me to input the data of the ethernet manually.

as well when restarting getting stuck on the login screen and not going to the desktop.

when it comes to the case of the ACPI folder in the Clover Boot Drive.zip file I too noticed it was missing when downloading it both from the attachment and the Download link in the guide. as you guide states that we have to copy the ACPI file across but its missing from the zip file.

I will attempt to do everything again, but just wanted to point out that @jds1 isnt the only one that went through that problem.

Thanks again for the great guide and your time on helping/supporting others in their builds!

My System:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage iv Extreme
CPU: 3930K i7 3.2GHz (4.7GHz overclocked)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX680 Classified (Hydro Copper)
PSU: Corsair AX850w

thanks MEZO for confirming I'm not losing my mind :crazy:
have you come across any info relating to these problems/answer in any threads?
thanks

thanks MEZO for confirming I'm not losing my mind :crazy:
have you come across any info relating to these problems/answer in any threads?
thanks

I have not, I did a search on Ethernet on this thread, and its where I found your post with the same problem.
As we speak I am re-installing the OS and will make sure to update you if anything changes.

jds1, I owe you a huge apology! Apparently I left out the ACPI folder in my last update of files. I'm sorry for your frustrations.:crazy:

Could you make suggestions where?

I've gone over the procedure more than 8 times now,
trying to make sure nothing has been missed.

Can you address the basic question I've asked pertaining to;
1. why ACPI folder isn't in the Clover Boot zip etc from the download link
2. why internet setup can't be made when creating account, thus (I'm assuming is why Ethernet port cannot be found)
3. NVIDIA web drivers; run newest possible at the point listed in the procedure, and set/leave as is when it wants to restart? or insert boot flag nv_disable=1 before reboot (this isn't shown in the outline as to when how/this should be done, I tried both 'not' and 'following web driver install but prior to reboot' as boot flags aren't able to be inserted at the boot screen like on unibeast setup when I tried that.

do you think the issue lie with the bios prior to install, or post installation (or still look in the mirror :()

the first two points are the only places I can see which differ from the outline described (but not through lack of trying, they're just not available)

thanks for your time and help

1 = My mistake. Download the updated Zip. Mount your boot drive's EFI Partition. Navigate to EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ ACPI ▸ patched. Back up your DSDT to your desktop. Overwrite the files and folders in EFI ▸ CLOVER with the ones from the zip. Put your DSDT.aml back in EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ ACPI ▸ patched.

2 = Ethernet won't load until the kexts and DSDT are installed. You may also have to reboot and enable or set the connection to DHCP in Sys Prefs.

3 = nvdisable=1 disables nvidia drivers and all acceleration allowing you to boot with a gk110b card (780ti) without a compatible driver (web driver is compatible. OS X native drivers are not so you won't be able to boot without the disable flag until the web driver is installed and functioning). To use the disable flag you must enter in the boot args string in the clover GUI. To enter the clover GUI when booting from your boot disk's boot loader, you must hold down or tap the control key while starting. You should reach the GUI right after the POST screen and right before the apple logo/loading screen appears.

Again, I'm very sorry for your lost time and frustrations. You chose a pretty advanced build and to make matters more complicated the 780ti isn't supported natively in OS X yet.

thanks mezzo & Shiloh! :headbang:

i'll have another crack at it this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back