Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but try removing the SSDT for that PCI slot and run AGDPfix and then try rebooting with the 1070.

I tried and had the same reboot issue. To further test, I took the 1070 out and put it into my ASRock z97E-ITX/ac board and it works fine?! Now I'm even more confused... it's looking to be a more board specific problem.

The 1070 works fine with Windows 10 and the Rampage IV BE board (Just to clear any physical PCIE questions).

Pulling my hair out on this one... any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

So I just restarted my computer after having it run for 24 hours with the nvidia 1070 and it would not restart. Come to find out my the hard drive and charging iPhone that were plugged into the front usb port was preventing it from booting. After unplugging them everything started up normal. :)

I tried and had the same reboot issue. To further test, I took the 1070 out and put it into my ASRock z97E-ITX/ac board and it works fine?! Now I'm even more confused... it's looking to be a more board specific problem.

The 1070 works fine with Windows 10 and the Rampage IV BE board (Just to clear any physical PCIE questions).

Pulling my hair out on this one... any ideas are welcome. Thank you.
Since pascal support is so new in macOS, I'd try it with just the 1070 in the r4e. You've been try to get it to work with a 950 installed too right? I'm wondering if the web driver is unable to run a maxwell and pascal gpu at the same time.

I'm on 10.12.4 and it's a GTX 670. Actually both of the cards are GTX 670, and as I understood they are natively supported. I didn't put them in SLI but as I understood it's not supported by OSX anyways...
When I search on Geforce webpage there are no drivers either. As always thanks in advance :)
Can you please upload you clover folder from the EFI partition and I'll check to if there is anything wrong there. Also, please save ioreg file from ioregistryexplorer and post it too.

Shilohh,

I've looked at the instructions again and found the part regarding the USB 3.0 issue - overlooked it, sorry. I'll just use the USB 2.0 ports.

Since pascal support is so new in macOS, I'd try it with just the 1070 in the r4e. You've been try to get it to work with a 950 installed too right? I'm wondering if the web driver is unable to run a maxwell and pascal gpu at the same time.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but I'm trying to run the 1070 by itself in the R4BE. I only used the 950 for troubleshooting. I couldn't get past the clover boot screen (where it lists the different bootable options) with the 1070, so I used the 950 to install OSX and the NvidiaWeb drivers and then switched it with the 1070 and it still didn't work. I then took the 1070 and put it in the system the 950 usually is in (an ASRock z97 board) and it booted right up with no issues running the Nvidia Web drivers.

I'm not getting the black screen issue that many are (I know how to fix that)... I'm getting a kernel panic after I choose either to boot macOS or to boot the installer from the clover selection screen.

The only thing I can think of is I'm not using the 1st PCIE slot, but that shouldn't matter I don't think. My water cooling is partially blocking the 1st slot and the 1070 doesn't fit to try, but the 950 worked in both the 1st and 3rd fine.

The 1070 works on the z97 board, but it will panic on the x79 board.

Can you please upload you clover folder from the EFI partition and I'll check to if there is anything wrong there. Also, please save ioreg file from ioregistryexplorer and post it too.

Thanks, your are the boss!
Still very new to the ioregistryexplorer. Don't seem to see the card there either...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Jespers Mac Pro - 2 GPU's.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 137
Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but I'm trying to run the 1070 by itself in the R4BE. I only used the 950 for troubleshooting. I couldn't get past the clover boot screen (where it lists the different bootable options) with the 1070, so I used the 950 to install OSX and the NvidiaWeb drivers and then switched it with the 1070 and it still didn't work. I then took the 1070 and put it in the system the 950 usually is in (an ASRock z97 board) and it booted right up with no issues running the Nvidia Web drivers.

I'm not getting the black screen issue that many are (I know how to fix that)... I'm getting a kernel panic after I choose either to boot macOS or to boot the installer from the clover selection screen.

The only thing I can think of is I'm not using the 1st PCIE slot, but that shouldn't matter I don't think. My water cooling is partially blocking the 1st slot and the 1070 doesn't fit to try, but the 950 worked in both the 1st and 3rd fine.

The 1070 works on the z97 board, but it will panic on the x79 board.
Are you using a DSDT?

The photo you posted of your panic output points to the HWSensores for the GPU which are part of the FakeSMC package.

Last edited:
Thanks, your are the boss!
Still very new to the ioregistryexplorer. Don't seem to see the card there either...
On your board, the 2nd GPU is loaded at NPE1 so you need SSDT-2 instead of SSDT-4.

Last edited:
Hi Shilohh,

I was wondering if I may a quick question. At first I thought I was imagining this or had a ghost in the house!!! Well actually I thought I was bumping the mouse or something like that and this was waking the computer up from sleep but after a while I realised the computer is randomly waking up on it own.

If I go away from the computer it goes into sleep mode after some time and that is great. However, sometimes it stays asleep and other times it wakes up for no reason.

I just wonder is this something you have come across before and if so what might I do to fix it?

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Patjamz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back