Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 1070 to work today.

R4E
6970 HD
1070 nVidia
I was getting 60 to 90 fps in Heavenly on mac and 70 to 100 in windows. ARK was giving me 10 to 30 fps on mac and at least 60 fps in windows
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1070.192399/page-221

I followed these step from other post but i skipped turning of the sip. View attachment 248228
I also did thisView attachment 248229
The graphics card (GPU) SSDTs I created for the files in this guide should eliminate the the need for my AGDPfix app or editing the AGDP kext's plist. With our motherboards, clover and the EFI drivers we are using, we shouldn't need any of those methods for enabling the nvidia web drivers as we don't need NVRAM emulation and the nvidia prefs pane works as it would on a real mac. So, all you should need to do is update macOS, update the web driver and enable the web driver in the presences pane. However, it won't hurt to use the clover config.plist option for nvidia drivers and that will ensure that the web driver is always loaded, even if the default macOS driver is selected in the prefs pane.

hello shiloh

if i install elcap or sierra it's the same installation procedure or those guide intended only ofr maverics? because im planning to buy this mobo.

thanks
The files and this guide are intended to allow you to install any OS from 10.9.2 up. There will be notes about slightly different steps for each major OS in the guide.

I have an Asus Strix 1070 OC card and I can't seem to get the installer or OS X to load after choosing either option in clover. I get a kernel panic and it reboots back to clover. Using NV_disable=1 doesn't work either. I'm using all the files provided here. I've tried my own somewhat vanilla installer and had the same results. I have an EVGA GTX 950 SC+ that works great.

I tried doing the initial install with the 950 and then switched cards to the 1070 (once the NvidiaWeb drivers were loaded) and it still rebooted back to clover loader with the 1070. I have the 1070 in the 4th PCIE slot and have chosen the appropriate SSDT4 file (works with 950), but I can't think of anything else causing this kind of problem.

I have the Asus R4BE and a 4930k. Using latest 0801 bios. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 248257
Try removing GPUSensors from the FakeSMC kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other

EDIT: looks like kozlek updated the GPUSensors so you could try updating the FakeSMC and GPUSensors with http://hwsensors.com/content/01-releases/45-release-1426/HWSensors.6.25.1426.pkg

Last edited:
Just add the appropriate SSDT for the slot you put it in and a 2nd GPU will probably work just fine :thumbup:

Hey again Shilohh. So I finally got a second graphic card. I've putted it in PCI slot 4 and added the SSDT.
When all those things are done correct, OSX is able to open without problems, but it doesn't seem to find/recognize the second GPU. At least it's not represented in the system report.
When I boot to windows it's recognized and giving an output.

Any ideas/suggestions?

The only thing i can think of is to make sure you are using the latest clover. My first couple tries failed because it was version before 3880 or something like that. I also tried my both of my cards in slot 1 and 4 at the same time and they both work in either configuration.

I am using the latest clover, thank you for your suggestion and trying to help.

Try removing GPUSensors from the FakeSMC kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other

EDIT: looks like kozlek updated the GPUSensors so you could try updating the FakeSMC and GPUSensors with http://hwsensors.com/content/01-releases/45-release-1426/HWSensors.6.25.1426.pkg

Thank you for responding!

I tried removing the GPUSensors kext from the EFI first (it did the same thing) so then I installed the new hwsensors app and all the drivers and had the same issue. I also tried removing all the FakeSMC drivers that come with the hwsensors package from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other and had no luck.

GTX 950 SC+ still loads Nvidia drivers and has no issues on boot. This is really confusing me and I appreciate all the guidance you can provide. Thank you.

I am using the latest clover, thank you for your suggestion and trying to help.

Thank you for responding!

I tried removing the GPUSensors kext from the EFI first (it did the same thing) so then I installed the new hwsensors app and all the drivers and had the same issue. I also tried removing all the FakeSMC drivers that come with the hwsensors package from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other and had no luck.

GTX 950 SC+ still loads Nvidia drivers and has no issues on boot. This is really confusing me and I appreciate all the guidance you can provide. Thank you.
From the little bit that I have read about pascal gpu macOS compatibility, it sounds like you will need 10.12.4 and the updated web drivers for that build of macOS. You will need to boot nv_disable=1 to install the drivers and make sure it's set to use the web driver. It's also possible that the setting isn't sticking (in nvram) in 10.12.4 and you may need to update clover and use the web diver option in the clover config.plist.

Hey again Shilohh. So I finally got a second graphic card. I've putted it in PCI slot 4 and added the SSDT.
When all those things are done correct, OSX is able to open without problems, but it doesn't seem to find/recognize the second GPU. At least it's not represented in the system report.
When I boot to windows it's recognized and giving an output.

Any ideas/suggestions?
What gpu are you using? What version of macOS?

You'll probably need to be on 10.12.4 with the updated web driver.

From the little bit that I have read about pascal gpu macOS compatibility, it sounds like you will need 10.12.4 and the updated web drivers for that build of macOS. You will need to boot nv_disable=1 to install the drivers and make sure it's set to use the web driver. It's also possible that the setting isn't sticking (in nvram) in 10.12.4 and you may need to update clover and use the web diver option in the clover config.plist.

I'm running 10.12.4 with the latest clover (web driver enabled in config) and the pascal web driver loaded ... I was able to install everything using my GTX 950.

The 1070 won't let me get past clover (to either boot the OS or start the installer) as it reboots back to clover. I used the debug and verbose options in clover to get the screenshot I posted earlier. Using nv_disable=1 also does not stop the rebooting.

I've seen references of the Asus 1070 being used successfully and was wondering if it was motherboard specific or something I was missing?

I'm running 10.12.4 with the latest clover (web driver enabled in config) and the pascal web driver loaded ... I was able to install everything using my GTX 950.

The 1070 won't let me get past clover (to either boot the OS or start the installer) as it reboots back to clover. I used the debug and verbose options in clover to get the screenshot I posted earlier. Using nv_disable=1 also does not stop the rebooting.

I've seen references of the Asus 1070 being used successfully and was wondering if it was motherboard specific or something I was missing?
No, but try removing the SSDT for that PCI slot and run AGDPfix and then try rebooting with the 1070.

Attachments

• AGDPfix.app.zip
    79.9 KB · Views: 82
What gpu are you using? What version of macOS?

I'm on 10.12.4 and it's a GTX 670. Actually both of the cards are GTX 670, and as I understood they are natively supported. I didn't put them in SLI but as I understood it's not supported by OSX anyways...
When I search on Geforce webpage there are no drivers either. As always thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back