Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shilohh,

I was wondering if I may a quick question. At first I thought I was imagining this or had a ghost in the house!!! Well actually I thought I was bumping the mouse or something like that and this was waking the computer up from sleep but after a while I realised the computer is randomly waking up on it own.

If I go away from the computer it goes into sleep mode after some time and that is great. However, sometimes it stays asleep and other times it wakes up for no reason.

I just wonder is this something you have come across before and if so what might I do to fix it?

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Patjamz :)
Is power knap enabled? If so, try disabling

Is power knap enabled? If so, try disabling

Hi Shilohh, sorry to trouble you again. I looked for "knap" in both System Preferences and in the Asus bios. Only thing I saw was "enable power nap".

Is this the same as what you were asking about. I have now disabled in System Preferences.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Shilohh, sorry to trouble you again. I looked for "knap" in both System Preferences and in the Asus bios. Only thing I saw was "enable power nap".

Is this the same as what you were asking about. I have now disabled in System Preferences.

Thanks again for your help.
Yes. Power knap allows your computer to perform maintenance tasks while sleeping which would mean partially waking. Also you may want to make sure that "wake for network" is also unchecked there as well

Yes. Power knap allows your computer to perform maintenance tasks while sleeping which would mean partially waking. Also you may want to make sure that "wake for network" is also unchecked there as well

Thanks so much Shilohh. You are an amazing help and so kind with your time. Really grateful. :)

Thank you Shiloh for your continued support. I was wondering if there are any specific comments you have on getting the RIV BE with 4930K to work with an NVIDIA 1080.
I think I read that this video card specifically requires sierra. So I am looking at doing fresh sierra install. In addition, the nice package of ASUS x79 files you created does not have a 'pascal folder' under 'post-install-> ACPI'

Thank you Shiloh for your continued support. I was wondering if there are any specific comments you have on getting the RIV BE with 4930K to work with an NVIDIA 1080.
I think I read that this video card specifically requires sierra. So I am looking at doing fresh sierra install. In addition, the nice package of ASUS x79 files you created does not have a 'pascal folder' under 'post-install-> ACPI'
The maxwel files should work for pascal.

On your board, the 2nd GPU is loaded at NPE1 so you need SSDT-2 instead of SSDT-4.

YES. It just works. I was stupid not to check the manual for the board, but just assuming that the PCI slot would be numbered from 1-8 in order of placement. That wasn't the case :)

Thank you a million times Shiloh for all your help and support. This build is the best/stables Hack build I've ever had!

Hey, guys! I have run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have followed the USB creation to the letter, yet, when I try to boot off of it, I get redirected to the BIOS screen. What I find odd is the instructions have the USB drive erased after doing all the Clover setup and file moves. I plug the USB into my MacBook Pro and the EFI partition is gone. I would love some help with what I seem to be doing wrong.

Edit: Forgot the pics are from a R4E and accidentally plugged my USB into a 3.0 port. Noob mistake

Last edited:
This guide is great. Hope to try it next week. I would like to keep stable running lion before successful el capitan/sierra install on separate ssd. With X79 IV RE right now I'm running osx lion with old bios 3xxx, will my osx work after upgrade to newest 4901?

This guide is great. Hope to try it next week. I would like to keep stable running lion before successful el capitan/sierra install on separate ssd. With X79 IV RE right now I'm running osx lion with old bios 3xxx, will my osx work after upgrade to newest 4901?
Everything should work fine. If your lion install is using the chameleon/chimera bootloader, you need to make sure you delete DSDT.aml (or any other .aml files before updating the bios. For chameleon/chimera you'll put all my .aml files in the /Extra folder for the old lion install as well as in /EFI/clover for the new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back