Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I saved it right, opened ioregistryexplorer and then File/Save As...

IOReg is in the attachment.

Thanks
You need to use SSDT-4.aml for your board. Your GPU is loaded at NPE7.

You need to use SSDT-4.aml for your board. Your GPU is loaded at NPE7.

Put SSDT-4.aml, runned OS updates and after restart everything is fine, didn't need to troubleshot with nv_disable or use AGDPfix :) Thank you Shilohh!

But, further down the road of bugs... all of my blue USB 3.0 ports are dead :) only standard 2.0 ones are working.

Is there a fix for this?

P.S. Is it safe now for me to delete the "KextBackUp" folder from desktop? That was generated as backup when I used AGDPfix, I think.

Hey @shilohh,

My machine has been perfect for a long time now (THANK YOU), but it's starting to flake a bit.

Every time I start up it always goes into bios, then I restart and it boots fine. No error report. Not the biggest problem tbh, but could this be a sign of other issues I should address?

I've got graphical glitches/artefacting in my Premiere edit windows, which requires a restart to solve. This seems like a graphics driver conflict to me. I've rolled CUDA drivers backwards and forwards but it's not that. I'm on OSX 10.11.3, should I try the Quadro 4000 driver for 10.11.6?

Last thing, can I update to 10.11.6 through the App Store without breaking my machine?

Hey @shilohh,

My machine has been perfect for a long time now (THANK YOU), but it's starting to flake a bit.

Every time I start up it always goes into bios, then I restart and it boots fine. No error report. Not the biggest problem tbh, but could this be a sign of other issues I should address?

I've got graphical glitches/artefacting in my Premiere edit windows, which requires a restart to solve. This seems like a graphics driver conflict to me. I've rolled CUDA drivers backwards and forwards but it's not that. I'm on OSX 10.11.3, should I try the Quadro 4000 driver for 10.11.6?

Last thing, can I update to 10.11.6 through the App Store without breaking my machine?
For your bios boot, you could record all your BIOS settings, switch to your 2nd BIOS and program them in there.

I'd recommend Sierra over El Crapitan. Sierra seems to be a big improvement. If you do, switch to the new files and delete your DSDT if you have one.

Hey @shilohh,

So now that Pascal drivers have arrived, do you plan on revising the SSDTs for installing any of these new GPUs?

I am definitely interested in upgrading to some newer/better cards, but curious how that will work with my setup.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about the the new architecture but my first guess would be that the maxwell cards should have the same port configuration. the basic ssdt-1 from the install files will at least name the device properly. If you get one, use that ssdt (basic) and save me an ioreg and I'll look into it. I'd also see if toleda has released anything related to them as well.

Got my 1070 to work today.

R4E
6970 HD AMD
1070 nVidia
I was getting 60 to 90 fps in Heavenly on mac and 70 to 100 in windows. ARK was giving me 10 to 30 fps on mac and at least 60 fps in windows
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1070.192399/page-221

I followed these step from other post but i skipped turning of the sip.
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.50.22 PM.png

I also did this
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.52.07 PM.png

Last edited:
hello shiloh

if i install elcap or sierra it's the same installation procedure or those guide intended only ofr maverics? because im planning to buy this mobo.

thanks

Got my 1070 to work today.

X79
6970 HD
1070 nVidia
I was getting 60 to 90 fps in Heavenly on mac and 70 to 100 in windows. ARK was giving me 10 to 30 fps on mac and at least 60 fps in windows
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1070.192399/page-221

I followed these step from other post but i skipped turning of the sip. View attachment 248228
I also did thisView attachment 248229

I have an Asus Strix 1070 OC card and I can't seem to get the installer or OS X to load after choosing either option in clover. I get a kernel panic and it reboots back to clover. Using NV_disable=1 doesn't work either. I'm using all the files provided here. I've tried my own somewhat vanilla installer and had the same results. I have an EVGA GTX 950 SC+ that works great.

I tried doing the initial install with the 950 and then switched cards to the 1070 (once the NvidiaWeb drivers were loaded) and it still rebooted back to clover loader with the 1070. I have the 1070 in the 4th PCIE slot and have chosen the appropriate SSDT4 file (works with 950), but I can't think of anything else causing this kind of problem.

I have the Asus R4BE and a 4930k. Using latest 0801 bios. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0567.JPG

Last edited:
I have an Asus Strix 1070 OC card and I can't seem to get the installer or OS X to load after choosing either option in clover. I get a kernel panic and it reboots back to clover. Using NV_disable=1 doesn't work either. I'm using all the files provided here. I've tried my own somewhat vanilla installer and had the same results. I have an EVGA GTX 950 SC+ that works great.

I tried doing the initial install with the 950 and then switched cards to the 1070 (once the NvidiaWeb drivers were loaded) and it still rebooted back to clover loader with the 1070. I have the 1070 in the 4th PCIE slot and have chosen the appropriate SSDT4 file (works with 950), but I can't think of anything else causing this kind of problem.

I have the Asus R4BE and a 4930k. Using latest 0801 bios. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 248257
The only thing i can think of is to make sure you are using the latest clover. My first couple tries failed because it was version before 3880 or something like that. I also tried my both of my cards in slot 1 and 4 at the same time and they both work in either configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back