Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sholihh #831

Hi.

After 3 days in Amsterdam, I've just tried your v5 SSDTs with the HDMI audio added.

Good news - audio goes successfully to the BenQ monitor via the HDMI cable. The BenQ monitor appears in the pull down menus in the Sound system preferences, for both the sound effects and audio output tabs.

Bad news - the Desktop went back to the way it was for the v2, v3 and v4 versions of the SSDTs. I've attached an image.

Some things to note about this....

First, note the size of the icons against the items in the Dock. The Dock seems normal, with small icons. But the Desktop icons and menu bar text are huge. The Finder View settings say the icons are still 48x48.

The Display system preferences say the resolution is still 1080p, though the main Desktop appears in a square window, as if it was in a 4:3 aspect ratio. and 640x480 (or similar resolution) - apart from the appearance of the Dock. On the monitor, there are black bars on each side of the visible Desktop area - pillar-boxed, as described in the video business. The Desktop contents (icons, text etc) all seem to in be the correct aspect ratio, within the pillar-boxed Desktop.

So it's back to the version 5 SSDTs for me. I'm using audio speakers attached via the 3.5mm jack anyway. But at least you've found that the HDMI audio inject works.

Attachments

• shilohh.jpg
    shilohh.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 90
It's not a feature. It's a side effect of where the bootloader is installed. AFAIK, the only way to boot with clover in uefi is to have it installed on the EFI partition.

Now that you mention UEFI, I distinctly remember the head IT guy to ask us never to enable and/or boot through UEFI in the BIOS; it simply won't boot.

This makes me presume there's a way to get Multibeast to install its bootloader off the EFI partition, trading backup convenience with some feature losses.

Switching off slot 3 make the same thing than switching off slot 1.
The 2 displays are working great in the 2 cases. the problem is only when the ports 1&3 are on together...
Maybe I do something wrong ?
- Mount my EFI partition
- Copy the news SSDT in the right folders
- unmount EFI partition
- Turn off computer
- Switch on the slot 1 (or3)
- Turning on

I also install my BM Decklink 4k (slot 2-B) after I make my DSDT, can it change anything if I remake a proper DSDT ?
Yes try backing up and deleting the dsdt and switch on both GPUs. If it boots correctly then the dsdt was the problem and you should create a new one with all the cards in the slots you want them and switched on. If that doesn't work open the config.plist and change:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
<key>Properties</key>
<string></string>

to:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
<key>Properties</key>
<string></string>

And make sure inject nvidia is set to false:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>

@misteravid,
just 1 more test please. Try ssdt-1 with hdmi and ssdt-3 v5 without hdmi. Thanks again!

@launchcodemexico,
Chameleon/Chimera(from multibeast) are legacy bios bootloaders and their default is not to install to the EFI partition. However, you can install them to EFI partition if you choose to.

Can anyone tell me why I can't view my optical drive from the eject menu? Or why my sound does not work after the computer has been to sleep?
Optical drive could be an incompatible model or maybe it's not connected to one of the intel 3gb/s sata ports. The no audio after sleep bug is affecting only certain boards (AFAIK the ones with the newer revision of the x79 chipset) and also a lot of real macs. Google it and you'll find some very long threads at the apple support pages of people with real macs that have this exact problem. We won't have a fix until apple works it out. For now you can unload and load the driver from terminal or use the script (somebody out there wrote a script to make it easier) to do this. Unload/load kext brings audio back without the need for reboot.

@shilohh #856

Test attempted as described.

Same result as using both v5 HDMI SSDTs. HDMI audio functions, but the screen is the same - pillarboxed 1080p with correct-sized small Dock icons but blown-up Desktop contents.

@misteravid,
Thanks again for your time. Does hdmi show up without the hdmi ssdts? If not and you feel like doing more, you could try the config.plist mods I suggested to poine a few posts up to see if that helps. Again, I appreciate your generosity with your time.

Config.plist mods from #855 applied - Changed "Inject" to "True". "Nvidia" already set to "False".

No change - display remained as it should be (full 1080p widescreen, with small icons etc) - but no BenQ monitor item in Sound preferences pull-down menus.

Config.plist mods from #855 applied - Changed "Inject" to "True". "Nvidia" already set to "False".

No change - display remained as it should be (full 1080p widescreen, with small icons etc) - but no BenQ monitor item in Sound preferences pull-down menus.
Sorry. Is that with the hdmi ssdt for slot 1?

No - that was with the non-HDMI SSDT for slot-1.

Just booted up with the clover.plist amendments from #855, the version 5 HDMI SSDT file for slot-1, and the version 5 non-HDMI SSDT file for slot-3.

No luck I'm afraid. HDMI audio on the BenQ screen, but pillarbox desktop and big icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back