Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi shilohh. finally next week i will receive my hardware (r4e and 4930k).
i'm going to follow your guide but i have few question.
1-i have a gtx 780ti (on slot 1) and i have a pci express card on slot 3 (bcm9430 wi-fi and bluetooth combo)
which ssdt am i supposed to use? i didn't understand the use of ssdt1-5
2-can i use the updated fakesmc+plugins by kozlec into my clover os boot drive? i mean, why did you write to use the fakesmc without plugins? you say to install them later in SLE but not in clover boot drive

thank you
SSDT-1 - SSDT-5 just inject a property that causes pci cards to show up in system preferences and the slot they are connected to. The can be modified or replaced with SSDTs for things like gpu or pci card injection. I used one for each card so they would be modular (replace SSDT-1 with a SSDT-1 for gpu injection in slot 1 and all the others will continue to work.

SSDT-1 - SSDT-5 just inject a property that causes pci cards to show up in system preferences and the slot they are connected to. The can be modified or replaced with SSDTs for things like gpu or pci card injection. I used one for each card so they would be modular (replace SSDT-1 with a SSDT-1 for gpu injection in slot 1 and all the others will continue to work.

thank you.
what about question number 2?

thank you.
what about question number 2?
Should be good but I don't include them because they do cause panics some times and you'll need to run the installer to install the app anyway and the app and the sensors need to match versions.

Yes try backing up and deleting the dsdt and switch on both GPUs. If it boots correctly then the dsdt was the problem and you should create a new one with all the cards in the slots you want them and switched on.

Sorry I can't take the time to post (very very busy this last days) but yes, I remake a proper DSDT and it works great with the 2 lasts SSDT you sent me !
Now, I will do some tests with DaVinci Resolve, Premiere CC and FCPX to see how powerful is the machine with HD and 4K footage !
Wich thread or forum do you recommend in order to make a proper over clock ?
Last question : I want to make a dual boot, with a second SSD, what is it better : use clover or a classic install and i choose my drive in the bios ?

Thanks for all !

@ shilohh...a noob question...sleep mode doesn't work with x79 main board right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129076

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with this CD/Blu-ray optical drive. Sometimes it show on my eject button and other times, it says no drives. The other times, it will show and be able to play DVDs and then others it will be completely unresponsive. When it does play DVDs it's perfectly fine. I tried using different sata cables and different power plugs to the power supply, but I'm still having the same problem

I'm wondering if it is a compatibility issue, or if I have a faulty player?

I have the same problem with an internal card reader I bought

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820300608

I connected it though USB 2.0 10-1 pin connector

When I try to insert a card to import pictures, it will just eject by itself periodically. Do you think it is a compatibility issue with Mac OS X, or is my part just faulty?

Also, does anyone know how I can accomplish this same build on Multibeast, or how I can figure out how to do so?

@poine,
Glad to hear the SSDTs worked.

Check out the asus rog forums. They have some great tutorials and guides. I personally do stability testing in OS X with prime99 torture test. Install HWMonitor and sensors to monitor temps and voltages but be aware that some sensors are mislabeled in x79 asus boards. Also, you can use the OC key but you'll need a cheap ps2 keyboard to control it.

@thenightflyer,
Sleep works.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129076

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with this CD/Blu-ray optical drive. Sometimes it show on my eject button and other times, it says no drives. The other times, it will show and be able to play DVDs and then others it will be completely unresponsive. When it does play DVDs it's perfectly fine. I tried using different sata cables and different power plugs to the power supply, but I'm still having the same problem

I'm wondering if it is a compatibility issue, or if I have a faulty player?

I have the same problem with an internal card reader I bought

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820300608

I connected it though USB 2.0 10-1 pin connector

When I try to insert a card to import pictures, it will just eject by itself periodically. Do you think it is a compatibility issue with Mac OS X, or is my part just faulty?

Also, does anyone know how I can accomplish this same build on Multibeast, or how I can figure out how to do so?
It could be bad devices or bad ports on the motherboard. Also less likely but I think a wonky power supply feed to the motherboard might be able to cause these intermittent issues. Since you've already tried new cables, First try a different power port from the PSU if it's modular. If that fixes it RMA the PSU. Next, I'd try try swapping the drive to a different intel sata port (make sure hot swap is off for that port in the bios) and see if it functions correctly but know that the Marvell ports might cause some errors with DVD player. If it still malfunctions after swapping ports, I'd try replacing the drive with a known good one. If the malfunction continues after replacing the drive, I'd RMA the motherboard. If the malfunction disappears after swapping ports, I'd RMA the motherboard.

@poine,
Glad to hear the SSDTs worked.

Check out the asus rog forums. They have some great tutorials and guides. I personally do stability testing in OS X with prime99 torture test. Install HWMonitor and sensors to monitor temps and voltages but be aware that some sensors are mislabeled in x79 asus boards. Also, you can use the OC key but you'll need a cheap ps2 keyboard to control it.

@thenightflyer,
Sleep works.

@shilohh i tried to put in suspend mode but it doesn't work...maybe i missed a setting at beginning?

There are lots of things that can prevent sleep. It could be hardware or a network connection like file sharing or screen sharing or a long list of other things. If you want to get to the bottom of it, look up the terminal command pmset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back