Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !
I have managed to upgrade to High Sierra and everything seems to be working apart from BM Decklink Mini Monitor in combination with Premiere. I am trying to upgrade even further to Mojave, using same EFI as for High Sierra. However, I get stuck viz picture attached.

Also I have a question. After I boot from USB installer and format the HDD to APFS and than choose to install MacOS to selected drive and after it runs for a while, the system will restart. In the Clover option menu I than see options to boot from USB, Preboot from prebooter and than my HDD I chose for MOJAVE install - that's what I selected. Is this correct?

Attachments

• 20200709_165945_Mojave_STuck01.jpg
    20200709_165945_Mojave_STuck01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
I have the same issue on my dual socket Ivy Bridge. On my previous single socket I was able, after following this guide, to go from Yosemite on up to the Catalina beta over time, but when I tried a clean install to the initial Catalina release, my EFI, et al, failed, and all I could do, after incremental updates/changes to my existing EFI was install High Sierra. I hope someone will post up some leads as to how to proceed...

I just booted to Mojave. After downloading the installer, I placed FakeSMC.kext in the "Other" folder, choose to install/upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra. After the 10 or so minute wait to reboot to continue install from the desktop, verbose boot continued past the error we were receiving and ended up at the monitors being back-lit, but no activity. I then unplugged both, then replugged in the main monitor, and discovered that the install/upgrade was already underway! It took the good side of half an hour for the upgrade, but it was completely successful. My previous High Sierra install did not require FakeSMC, so just placing this kext in Other did the trick for me...

Did you upgrade from within the High Sierra OS choosing upgrade? Or I don't know where is the option to install – upgrade to Mojave. Thank you for your reply.

Yes. I found a link that pointed to Mojave in the App Store, initiated the download, placed the FakeSMC kext in the 'Other' Folder, and when the download finished, I was prompted to upgrade. I was initially going to create a USB installer but I was curious to see if I could just upgrade.

Last edited:
Could you please point me out to the link or screenshot. In App Store I only see upgrade to Catalina. Do you have everything working LAN, Audio USB3 ? I see in your description that you have a AMD CARD, is it correct?

Yes, everything works. I did have to remove a line in my config.plist that had to do with the dual processor power management which then allowed me to see the Clover boot menu/access bios regarding the RX 580. I use dual Cinema Displays, so I also get the cameras, mics and built in speakers plus my main audio through USB/i2s via HydraZ to Holo Spring DAC.

Hey guys, I went on tour and left my computer in a weather proof box and now opening it 2 years later I get a message when loading BIOS it says "CPU FAN ERROR", and, if I try to load the Macintosh SSD, I get a message saying the "BIOS was changed without permission". I can access the PC SSD but only through forcing boot drive I don't get the boot choice when starting. I thought it might only be related to the BIOS losing it's memory but after changing the date to today, I still get the same errors. Any clue what it could be? It worked just fine when I last powered it down 2 years ago. Thanks for any help provided.

Hi, guys...
MacOS 11 Big Sur is out now.
Any updates on how to install it to our beloved X79 computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back