Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojave Update

Thanks a lot for this! With your steps and using previous files I was able to update my RIVBE. All seems to be working fine except for the onboard WIFI which used to work under El Capitan. Any ideas on what could be wrong or the kexts behind that controller?
Bluetooth is already solved with a discrete usb dongle but I would like to be able to use my WIFI module from the RIVBE as before.

Any ideas to start debugging are welcome. Any Black Edition users working integrateted Wifi under Mojave?

Thanks

Hi I have a similar configuration except that the CPU I have is a 3930K. I saw that FakeSMC is no longer updated, and I wanted to use VirtualSMC. Did any of you try to switch to VirtualSMC?

Thanks for your help.

As you see in this post, about 3 years ago, I was able to successfully follow this guide and have a perfectly working Hackintosh system. But recently I had to format the drive to install Windows on it. So I no longer have this Hackintosh SSD with me.

So now I am trying to install High Sierra on this Asus p9x79-e And I was trying to follow this guide again but it seems like much has been changed.

As a starter, which Clover version should I use?
I download the latest (r5114) version but I couldn't follow the guide, because EFI folder structure is different.
I know it's a long shot but any info or recommendations?

Thank you so much in advance!

Trying to install High Sierra on
MB: Asus p9x79-e ws
CPU: 4930k
GPU: GTX 970 (in PCI slot #1)

I was able to install High Sierra and revive my old pc as a fully functioning Mac again. Thanks again to this guide I wasted no time this time around. I couldn't believe how quickly I got everything running.

Here are minor notes for myself and for anybody interested in installing High Sierra on very old Asus p9x79-e ws with 4930k.

Followed shilohh's excellent guide on page 1 except the following

• Clover_v2.4k_r4586
  • Formated as APFS
  • drivers64UEFI
    • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
    • AppleImageCodec-64.efi
    • AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
    • AppleUITheme-64.efi
    • DataHubDxe-64.efi
    • FirmwareVolume-64.efi
    • FSInject-64.efi
    • HFSPlus-64.efi
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
    • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
    • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • Kext>Others
    • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
    • CPUSensors.kext
    • EAPDFix.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • GenericUSBXHCI.kext
    • GPUSensors.kext
    • LPCSensors.kext
    • realtekALC.kext
  • LiLu 1.4.3 (to fix the nVidia issue)
  • WhateverGreen 1.3.8 (to fix the nVidia issue)
  • AGDPfix 1.3 (to fix the nVidia black screen)
  • Security update via AppStore
Bootlflag before I installing nVidia
-v darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 NoCaches UseKernelCache=No

Bootlflag after I installing nVidia
-v darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 NoCaches UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=1

I think this is it. If I missed anything, I'll update later.
And of course, thanks again to shilohh for the excellent guide!

hey there!!.
On my "B" build I installed successfully Catalina 10.15.4
Now working on 2 things:
VDA enabling​
USB 3.0​
Anyone using this motherboard has right kexts and compiled SSDT's for USB3?
Thanks for help!

Hey @Meng83,
I have also managed to install Catalina 10.15.14.
But I just managed to get 6 of the 8 USB 2.0 Ports working and none of the USB 3.0 Ports.
I can't get Bluetooth working and the Normal 3,5 mm Audio Ports are not working either.
If someone has any Ideas what else I can try, I would be very thankful.
Greetings Mirow302

Hello !
I have tried to upgrade my rig to High Sierra. However got stuck at very beginning because the USB stick didn't show any options to install "High Sierra OSX". I know several people had the similar issue that's mentioned throughout this thread. Maybe @rushmore777 could suggest something? Thanx

Not sure if this is your issue, but the same thing happened to me when setting up my Ivy Bridge dual socket and High Sierra. I used the 'BCFG boot dump' line in the Clover shell, which revealed an old EFI partition from a previous Clover install. I then used 'Bcfg boot rm' followed by the unwelcome boot entry's number (00). This then allowed the Clover/High Sierra installer to show.

Last edited:
Hi !
Unfortunately that didnt help, but I see 2 entries for OSX, eventhough I only made one ...I'll try to do the install USB once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back