Contribute
Register

i5-7200U Kaby Lake Big Sur Kernel Panics (0xffffff7f90758279)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this exactly?

I’ve only got a basic knowledge on Hackintosh, and how it works. I apologize for any errors I make or anything I say. I basically meant, every other version except Big Sur is showing me the MacOS Utilities window, and I wanted to know why that is. For example, I tried Catalina, High Sierra, Sierra and was able to get to some type of install screen except for Catalina because of some “MacOS cannot be installed” error which I don’t want to make another thread for.

I’m saying, I have some type of success past the grey screen (aka graphical error) on older versions of OSX.

If you have been using Windows to do the necessary downloading and editing, have you checked out the guide:

I’ve only got a basic knowledge on Hackintosh, and how it works. I apologize for any errors I make or anything I say. I basically meant, every other version except Big Sur is showing me the MacOS Utilities window, and I wanted to know why that is. For example, I tried Catalina, High Sierra, Sierra and was able to get to some type of install screen except for Catalina because of some “MacOS cannot be installed” error which I don’t want to make another thread for.

I’m saying, I have some type of success past the grey screen (aka graphical error) on older versions of OSX.
That's due to a number of things, most likely because the older versions since High Sierra have support for Kaby Lake and other Intel graphics drivers whereas the later versions (such as macOS) now have reduced Intel graphics drivers and other features. Also dependent on the SMBIOS setting. To boot Catalina and Big Sur the minimum SMBIOS setting is now iMac19,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back