Contribute
Register

i5-7200U Kaby Lake Big Sur Kernel Panics (0xffffff7f90758279)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used gensmbios to use MacBookPro14,1 and I’m getting the same graphical error. I’m going to try different versions of OS X with OC 0.6.6 and this EFI, and update you.
use latest version of OpenCore

Big Sur should be fine with your hardware

Updating to OC 0.7.0 solved nothing for me, I think I've got the device-id or platform-id wrong somehow, I'm going to troubleshoot with it.

image.jpg

I used macrecovery.py and I’m getting to the MacOS utilities window on Sierra. Possibly something wrong with my base recovery DMG for BigSur? Also, I cant click continue, nothing happens when I do.

Make sure LapicKernelPanic, Unblockfsrequest and ReleaseUSBOwnership is enabled (for HP systems).

If you need, you can use my latest working Big Sur HP Notebook 17 x105tx EFI to cross-reference (barring the laptop efis and kexts) :
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...amd-r7-m260-10-13-6-guide.309923/post-2259674
image.jpg

Enabling LapicKernelPanic, Unblockfsrequest and ReleaseUSBOwnership did absolutely nothing to help my graphic error. I still see a grey screen with the black OS X cursor. OC 0.7.0 with latest MacOS version (Big Sur)

You should then try my EFI build, it’s compatible with your system (i7-7500U Kaby Lake). Just remove the ACPIBatteryManager, SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor and whatever other laptop related ACPIs or kexts that are in there (only a handful, mainly VoodooI2C & PS2), but use SMBIOS of iMac18,3 for High Sierra and SMBIOS iMac19,1 for booting Catalina upwards.

You should then try my EFI build, it’s compatible with your system (i7-7500U Kaby Lake). Just remove the ACPIBatteryManager, SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor and whatever other laptop related ACPIs or kexts that are in there (only a handful, mainly VoodooI2C & PS2), but use SMBIOS of iMac18,3 for High Sierra and SMBIOS iMac19,1 for booting Catalina upwards.
I’ll try your EFI as said, and will update you. I see that you use Clover instead of OpenCore, so I’ll have to make some adjustments.

I’ll try your EFI as said, and will update you. I see that you use Clover instead of OpenCore, so I’ll have to make some adjustments.
No, check out my latest EFI. It is on OC 0.6.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back