Contribute
Register

i5-7200U Kaby Lake Big Sur Kernel Panics (0xffffff7f90758279)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this section:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAAbGQ==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                GxkAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>
                AACQAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAwAQ==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel HD Graphics 530</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
        <key>Delete</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>

Like you said, I added the framebuffer patches in my Config.plist and I got past the Kernel Panic, now I'm stuck at IOPFF and my installer won't boot after this. It takes a extremely long time, and still won't boot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-5176.jpg
    IMG-5176.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
Like you said, I added the framebuffer patches in my Config.plist and I got past the Kernel Panic, now I'm stuck at IOPFF and my installer won't boot after this. It takes a extremely long time, and still won't boot.

It doesn't look as though you did as @Feartech suggested:

iGPU.png

There is no "<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>" which is where iGPU details would normally go.

Does your desktop computer have different PCI addresses? I'm not familiar with the make or model.

There is no "<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>" which is where iGPU details would normally go.

Does your desktop computer have different PCI addresses? I'm not familiar with the make or model.
Oh, I see. I would need to find the PCI addresses for my GPU and then add the framebuffer patches there? I'm pretty sure the PCI address is not 0x1b, 0x0.

Took a guess, and it seemed that me & Feartech had the same iGPU PCI address. 0x2 because of Integrated graphics. I have Intel HD 620 while he has 530.

Got some type of success now! FINALLY! I see the OS X logo booting up, however I’m stuck at a grey screen with the black mouse. No disk utility or install MacOS Big Sur comes up.

Attachments

• 3069B9D5-43B8-4A98-B299-F625DE775001.jpeg
    3069B9D5-43B8-4A98-B299-F625DE775001.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 44
Took a guess, and it seemed that me & Feartech had the same iGPU PCI address. 0x2 because of Integrated graphics. I have Intel HD 620 while he has 530.

Got some type of success now! FINALLY! I see the OS X logo booting up, however I’m stuck at a grey screen with the black mouse. No disk utility or install MacOS Big Sur comes up.

Okay.

Have you changed anything else in the config.plist? For example the "-v" boot command in the NVRAM section?

If not, do you see the scrolling text whipping by until the apple logo comes up?

It's clearly still a graphics problem and we need more to go on. Perhaps upload your new config.plist (Serial-number redacted of course) or maybe your complete EFI folder.

Okay.

Have you changed anything else in the config.plist? For example the "-v" boot command in the NVRAM section?

If not, do you see the scrolling text whipping by until the apple logo comes up?

It's clearly still a graphics problem and we need more to go on. Perhaps upload your new config.plist (Serial-number redacted of course) or maybe your complete EFI folder.

I haven't changed any vanilla boot args, anything like that. It seems that Verbose mode was already on, and I do see the scrolling text whipping by before the Apple Logo comes up.

Here's my EFI folder. Config is within OC, redacted my serial number & system UUID.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 49
I haven't changed any vanilla boot args, anything like that. It seems that Verbose mode was already on, and I do see the scrolling text whipping by before the Apple Logo comes up.

Here's my EFI folder. Config is within OC, redacted my serial number & system UUID.

Okay (again)

You have left out the ig-platform-id and device Id's so though you have selected the correct PCI address for iGPU you haven't told OpenCore what to operate with. KabyLake Mobile (what the UHD620 is) would be 0x59160000 or 00001659 etc.

Checkout @Feartech 's reply again for formatting.

Okay (again)

You have left out the ig-platform-id and device Id's so though you have selected the correct PCI address for iGPU you haven't told OpenCore what to operate with. KabyLake Mobile (what the UHD620 is) would be 0x59160000 or 00001659 etc.

Checkout @Feartech 's reply again for formatting.

I've added ig-platform-id "00001659" and model "Intel HD Graphics 620" and the Internal@0,2,0 string FearTech has for telling OpenCore what to operate with, for extra success how do I find my Device ID?

I've added ig-platform-id "00001659" and model "Intel HD Graphics 620" and the Internal@0,2,0 string FearTech has for telling OpenCore what to operate with, for extra success how do I find my Device ID?
is your machine a desktop but using a mobile processor?

is your machine a desktop but using a mobile processor?
I'm using a HP Pavillion AIO desktop, my processor is i5-7200U, I'm not sure if it's mobile processor since everything's built in. I found my UHD device ID through Device Manager, and I'm adding 00005916 to my config.plist, I'll reply back here if I get any success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back