Contribute
Register

i5-7200U Kaby Lake Big Sur Kernel Panics (0xffffff7f90758279)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay (again)

You have left out the ig-platform-id and device Id's so though you have selected the correct PCI address for iGPU you haven't told OpenCore what to operate with. KabyLake Mobile (what the UHD620 is) would be 0x59160000 or 00001659 etc.

Checkout @Feartech 's reply again for formatting.

@Feartech Added my Device ID, platform ID, and more. Still getting same grey screen with the black OS X cursor. I noticed a frame rate drop and it was laggy and slowish while I moved the cursor however.

Attachments

• 2B18BE59-CD2E-49E5-8698-20EB7192F692.jpeg
    2B18BE59-CD2E-49E5-8698-20EB7192F692.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34

Attachments

• config.plist
    24 KB · Views: 37
@UtterDisbelief Here's my updated config.plist
not sure why you are using a "layout-id" in your graphics section for?

should be "AAPL,ig-platform-id"

have a look at post 2 of my guide in my signature

not sure why you are using a "layout-id" in your graphics section for?

should be "AAPL,ig-platform-id"

have a look at post 2 of my guide in my signature

layout-id came with the OC 0.6.6 Vanilla config.plist
I'm going to go with this, and try booting into OSX again.

Capture.PNG

also layout-id is for audio

Trying the 16590000 for device-id since I got the same old grey screen. I wouldn’t need layout-id for the iGPU PCI since it’s audio, correct?

@Feartech UPDATE: Getting the same grey screen with black OS X cursor. Should I try installing a older version of OS X instead? Such as High Sierra or Sierra. I feel like Big Sur might be incompatible with something graphically, which is producing the screen.

@Feartech UPDATE: Getting the same grey screen with black OS X cursor. Should I try installing a older version of OS X instead? Such as High Sierra or Sierra. I feel like Big Sur might be incompatible with something graphically, which is producing the screen.
it may also be an issue with your smbios, as you are using a desktop smbios, just as a test, try MacBookPro14,1 as you have a mobile cpu.....

it may also be an issue with your smbios, as you are using a desktop smbios, just as a test, try MacBookPro14,1 as you have a mobile cpu.....
I used gensmbios to use MacBookPro14,1 and I’m getting the same graphical error. I’m going to try different versions of OS X with OC 0.6.6 and this EFI, and update you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back