Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning kgp
So.... here my findings so far for the Asus TBX3 card:
  • Thunderbolt 3 portion of the ssdt works perfectly....testing pending with a real TB3 device
  • XHC3 portion is causing the hang on wake.... specifically the DTGP injection portion
I did some small changes to the XHC3 portion which now lead to proper wake from sleep. XHC is working nice with various devices.

The CPU SVID setting seems not affecting any of this behavior. My setting is to auto.

On a side note.... I use Jettison, a small program that automatically ejects all external drives before going to sleep (and mounts them again after wake).

I will post my slightly changed ssdt one fully confirmed working.

Regards, Michael

Good morning kgp
  • Thunderbolt 3 portion of the ssdt works perfectly....testing pending with a real TB3 device
  • XHC3 portion is causing the hang on wake.... specifically the DTGP injection portion
I did some small changes to the XHC3 portion which now lead to proper wake from sleep. XHC is working nice with various devices.

The CPU SVID setting seems not affecting any of this behavior. My setting is to auto.

On a side note.... I use Jettison, a small program that automatically ejects all external drives before going to sleep (and mounts them again after wake).

Regards, Michael

Thanks for your testing and feedback but would you explain the some small changes you made to the XHC3 portion which now lead to proper wake from sleep ?

Regards, Loloflasix

Good morning kgp

Regards, Michael

Please let me know what you changed within the XHC3 implementation, thus I can also perform some testing in the meanwhile on both my X99 and X299 systems.

So today my TB3 device arrived. So in this way I could also test not only USB capabilities but also TB3 functionality.
As I have mentioned already, I did not change the TB3 portion in the ssdt but the TB3 portion only.
The result now is that TB3 only works when booting, hotplugging functionally is unfortunate not given.
Will do more tests..... but this is where I am currently.
Thanks, Michael

So today my TB3 device arrived. So in this way I could also test not only USB capabilities but also TB3 functionality.
As I have mentioned already, I did not change the TB3 portion in the ssdt but the TB3 portion only.
The result now is that TB3 only works when booting, hotplugging functionally is unfortunate not given.
Will do more tests..... but this is where I am currently.
Thanks, Michael

Again.. could you please tell me what you changed in the xhc3 part?

Thanks @michaeljeger and @kgp.

After 10.13.6 my computer became severely slow. It hanged (2/5 seconds) doing simple tasks.
Saw the microcode update only yesterday and flashed it.

Maybe it's a placebo effect, but seems working good for now. At least not hanging. I thought I had 4 bad DDR4 sticks, but in Mojave it worked fast, and windows worked fast. Only 10.13.6 was painfully slow.

I read that Mojave was supposedly to behave someway, but since I use a Nvidia card, I only tested Mojave with no HW Accel, so, I don't know if that influences something.

Once again, thank you (a bit late, I know, but the feeling is there).

Reactions: kgp
Hello @kgp
Thank you for this guide, it was very helpful.
Installed 10.13.6 yesterday, for my system Clover needs to use both AptioMemoryFix.efi and Test2-2016.efi to fix AllocateRelocBlock error.

Thank you.

So find attached my ssdt for TB3X.
TB3 hot plugging does not fully work, but at least after sleep, the device is back. If I pull the plug from the TBX3 card and replug in it will not appear.
But good enough for me.
Please look at the changed XHC section which will not cause black screen on wake.
Regards, Michael

Attachments

• SSDT-9-minimal-hotlug-injector.aml
    7.1 KB · Views: 73
So find attached my ssdt for TB3X.
TB3 hot plugging does not fully work, but at least after sleep, the device is back. If I pull the plug from the TBX3 card and replug in it will not appear.
But good enough for me.
Please look at the changed XHC section which will not cause black screen on wake.
Regards, Michael

To my surprise you use the old version of my TB-SSDT.. Is there a special reason?

finally I will jump to RADEON VEGA 64 (and leave my 1080Ti)
As you recommended @kgp
1/ the problems of drivers (that if they are available are less optimized than with Maxwell or before)
2/ the fact that ALL programs under Mac OS are optimized for AMD
3/ the overclocking of Nvidia Pascal cannot be used under Mac OS, but AMD VEGA 64 YES

will let know on this group how goes a rig: X99, 2696v4 and a VEGA64 (OC and WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back