Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nrgsquad
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU

The website has 0x0201 for Unknown CPU, so that's the one I used. I didn't change the cpu type until after all xcpm was done.

@hoypolloy
Had same problem, looked around forums and people said to open USB and delete a file (Can't remember, I think it was .IAPhysicalMedia - It's a hidden file, so you'll have to enable show hidden files)

@ncapella
cool thanks i'll give it a try.

is there any way to check my installation app? because i've just tried unibeast and it gave me error with basesystem.dmg so may be the problem is with corrupted installation? (for now i dont know other way to get the most actual installer. the one i have is 17e99)

This actually helped, now I booted into installer, but its stuck, language selection was looking weird (no buttons) and after pressing enter it’s stuck with only menu bar - macOS utiliies and spinning ball. What did I forget to do?

This actually helped, now I booted into installer, but its stuck, language selection was looking weird (no buttons) and after pressing enter it’s stuck with only menu bar - macOS utiliies and spinning ball. What did I forget to do?

OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD
I am having issues Wifi with the OSX Wifi BCM94360CD. Wifi starts, flashes on and off a few times and then turns off. How can I troubleshoot this?

In fact I plugged the internal USB2.0 connector cable on the mainboard the other way round as indicated in the OSXWIFI manual.
Otherwise, bluetooth would not work at all in my case. I witness the WIFI issue your describe above very sporadically, a reboot always helps.

Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting it? I have the USB2.0 connector cable installed correctly. It works perfectly on Windows 10 but has the issue above in OSX.

I told you which trouble shouting I am applying. I cannot tell you more! I am not part of this company and I am not their support hotline! Write them!

Hi dasher and kgp,

I'm having this exact same issue (discussed in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-off-then-stops-working-cant-turn-on.250191/) with 2 different wifi cards, and they work in Windows so I know the cards are good. It seems to be related to the MacPro6,1 system definition, because if I switch the system definition to iMac14,2 wifi works great. I don't want to stay with iMac14,2 though because my SSDT is written for MacPro6,1 power management and I don't know how to recreate it for iMac14,2.

dasher, did you fix your wifi, and if so, how did you do it?

kgp, did you have to do anything special to get the wifi to work with the MacPro6,1 system definition? I did follow your guide on the first page (amazing guide by the way) to try to add the device information to my SSDT, but when I do that my USB 2.0 ports stop working (and probably other stuff too). I don't think I did it correctly though. When I look at my IORegistry I don't see anything remotely close to what you show for the slot in the DefinitionBlock and PCI Device information. I don't see anything with _SB. I think I just don't know what I'm doing and can't find a simple guide to to guide me through it.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Hi dasher and kgp,

I'm having this exact same issue (discussed in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-off-then-stops-working-cant-turn-on.250191/) with 2 different wifi cards, and they work in Windows so I know the cards are good. It seems to be related to the MacPro6,1 system definition, because if I switch the system definition to iMac14,2 wifi works great. I don't want to stay with iMac14,2 though because my SSDT is written for MacPro6,1 power management and I don't know how to recreate it for iMac14,2.

dasher, did you fix your wifi, and if so, how did you do it?

kgp, did you have to do anything special to get the wifi to work with the MacPro6,1 system definition? I did follow your guide on the first page (amazing guide by the way) to try to add the device information to my SSDT, but when I do that my USB 2.0 ports stop working (and probably other stuff too). I don't think I did it correctly though. When I look at my IORegistry I don't see anything remotely close to what you show for the slot in the DefinitionBlock and PCI Device information. I don't see anything with _SB. I think I just don't know what I'm doing and can't find a simple guide to to guide me through it.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

My OSXWifi runs natively oob.

Really? Then what is the purpose of section E.9.2.11 of your guide? What does that code do?

It is mainly cosmetic and implements the Airport PCI driver.

@kgp have you had any luck with the 10.13.4 overclock cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back