Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi finaly I got some time to try made a USB boot stick , I have here my EFI folder , some files kext I can't found and I copy paste from your EFI folder for x99 , but as about ACPI patched I can't found and I didn't understand what exactly I should do , please check my EFI folder now and let me know what miss , thank you for your time

I am sorry, but I can't and I won't do the PCI implementation for you. You have to read and apply my basic guidelines and learn by doing. Just use IOREG to adopt and complete the DSDT replacement patch table and SSDT-X299.aml implementation. Others have been able to achieve a proper implementation of all PCI devices, so will you with a little bit of effort.

I once more encourage to start with a stepwise PCI device implementation. Don't try to implement the X99-SSDT.aml as a whole. Also verify and stepwise enable the individual DSDT Replacement patches with the help of IOREG.

Cheers and good luck,

KGP

Well.. find attached below my actual system disk EFI-Folder...

Warning! It won't work by just copy & paste on your system! Reading and applying my guide and respective guide lines is unavoidable also in this case! Nobody else will do it for you!
No pmdrv in your efi folder :(

No pmdrv in your efi folder :(

Because I inclined for sleep/wake functionality. PMDrvr.kext is attched to my guide! It can be dowloaded at any time!

w
Because I inclined for sleep/wake functionality. PMDrvr.kext is attched to my guide! It can be dowloaded at any time!
I have compared your efi folder with mine. Both config, kext folder, and uefi folder (only thing that is different is the emuvariable file, whitch in your efi file is missing) are the same. Also when i put in kext folder the PMDrv.kext i have again random reboot. What you said in past that performance with and without PMdrv.kext is not the same, is true. I have tested this. Is 30% + difference for Pmdrv kext. So what i need to check also to identify the problem with PMDRV kext ?

w

I have compared your efi folder with mine. Both config, kext folder, and uefi folder (only thing that is different is the emuvariable file, whitch in your efi file is missing) are the same. Also when i put in kext folder the PMDrv.kext i have again random reboot. What you said in past that performance with and without PMdrv.kext is not the same, is true. I have tested this. Is 30% + difference for Pmdrv kext. So what i need to check also to identify the problem with PMDRV kext ?

I don’t know how to help you if your random reboot issues are really only PMDrvr.kext related. I never faced random reboot issues in connection with the latter kext on my system.

w

Do you have CUDA installed?

i have updated to 10.13.2. But right now i cannot boot. First boot was ok after update, i have instaled the Nvidia Driver and black fix. After that i cannot boot again. :(

Lilu and Afsi are the updated one.

Attachments

• 25434143_1670330803028882_1933678002_o.jpg
    25434143_1670330803028882_1933678002_o.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 148
So I’m not sure if this is a minor oversight or if there’s a reason this method is not applicable, but you can delete the APFS volume from terminal on OS X 10.12 or later. You can also do this in the terminal of the bootable installation usb.

diskutil apfs deletecontainer [disk ID]

and it will convert it to hfs+
I’m sure it’s not relevant at this point, but I thought I would share.

Last edited:
i have updated to 10.13.2. But right now i cannot boot. First boot was ok after update, i have instaled the Nvidia Driver and black fix. After that i cannot boot again. :(

Lilu and Afsi are the updated one.

Not clear from your pic why your system does not boot, sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back