Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I've successfuly installed High Sierra on my pc but I have a problem with webdriver. I'm using MacPro6,1 as SMBIOS and I've applied AGDPfix with sip disabled, then I enabled it and I've installed the webdriver and I've disabled sip before reboot but, when I rebooted I was unable to boot into High Sierra because my pc was rebooting every time at the end of the boot process. I've tried booting with nv_disable=1 but I was getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 in the upper left corner of the screen. Now I'm able to boot into High Sierra because I've removed all Nvidia kext from the recovery partition.
I hope that someone can help me
Thanks, dado3272

Did you perform a clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13 SU or an update from 10.12.6 or an earlier version of 10.13? In the latter case you have to uninstall the 10.12.6 or 10.13 web driver before performing the upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13 SU! If you didn't your system has become unbootable. In this case try to apply web driver removal approaches outlined in my guide. In the worst case you will have to perform the update once more, but this time uninstalling the former web driver before!!!

I've performed a clean install of High Sierra. Now I'm able to boot because I've followed your removal guide but, If I reinstall the web driver, my pc behaves in the same way

I've performed a clean install of High Sierra. Now I'm able to boot because I've followed your removal guide but, If I reinstall the web driver, my pc behaves in the same way

Then try to use the alternative black screen prevention! In any case, if you messed up with the web driver once, another clean install will be of advantage and help in any case!

Hmmmm single core score got better but multi core still shallow only once in GB my cpu goes up to 98% usage any ideas what could be the problem?
Memory 0 MHz.
It should not be.

Then try to use the alternative black screen prevention! In any case, if you messed up with the web driver once, another clean install will be of advantage and help in any case!
Thank you, I've used NvidiaGraphicsFixup and now It is working. Only one thing, my bluetooth is not working, after some researches I've found that my motherboard uses the Azurewave AW-CB160H for both wifi and bluetooth but only wifi is working. Maybe bluetooth isn't working because I'm using AirportBrcmFixup.kext instead of BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext?

Hello,
I cannot make the Nvidia WebDriver to work. I have tried two methods to avoid the black screen. But they all failed.

Thank you

Last edited:
Just wanna say kudos, went from El Capitan which was practically a coin toss on whether or not it'd even boot to what seems to be a perfect Sierra install. Instructions were very clear and only required a few adaptations for my system.

-JC

Reactions: kgp
Memory 0 MHz.
It should not be.
Do you have selected √TRUST and -MOBILE in SMBIOS - I had similar problem some time ago when the trust wasn't selected

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-10-15 в 18.14.01.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-10-15 в 18.14.01.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 173
Thank you, I've used NvidiaGraphicsFixup and now It is working. Only one thing, my bluetooth is not working, after some researches I've found that my motherboard uses the Azurewave AW-CB160H for both wifi and bluetooth but only wifi is working. Maybe bluetooth isn't working because I'm using AirportBrcmFixup.kext instead of BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext?
Hello, when you use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, do you still need to check 'csrutil status' ? Could you please kind of specify the steps? I followed the steps the instruction states and could not make it work. I simply put NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other/ and installed Nvidia Web Driver with 'csrutil status' Enable and reboot with it disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back