Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, no worries mate, you probably still saved everyone days, if not weeks of compiling all the info about power management and sleep etc.

Hm, I think you might be confusing something here. I just redownloaded the zipped EFI folder from the main post and, according to their Info.plist files, it contains Lilu 1.1.5 and AppleALC 1.1.3.

Edit: Oh, I see you updated your post. Nevermind then. :)

I can only guess about this one, but since the previous release notes mentioned that he added support for HDE, I imagine you might be compiling in HDE mode. HDE is a very small disassembler, compared to Capstone, which seems to be used in the previous versions, so a decrease in file size is very likely. Personally, I'd just go with the latest stable release by vit himself. It's hard to predict if there are unfinished changes in the latest master code -- after all, he probably has a reason for not creating a new release, yet. :)

Your previous, undedited post contained a question on why anyone should prefer Lilu + NVFix over the filesystem patch based AGDPFix. I see two major benefits in the memory based (Lilu) approach:
  • It should theoretically (I didn't verify) also work in the installer
  • It survives macOS updates

However, if the FS based fix is working well for you, there's not much reason to switch. In the long term however, it might be easier to maintain.

Yes Sir, you are totally right :thumbup:

I just updated once more EFI-X99-10.13-Final-Release-031017.zip and post #555 above. Could you please check if now everything is as expected!

Many thanks for your input man! Your contribution and feedback was really essential and extremely important! :thumbup:

Cheers,

KGP

Hello KGP,

I have followed your guide to the tee for X99 and 10.13 (was previously on 10.12.6 and all was good) and still i cannot get my Geforce GTX 980 Ti to work with these "corrupt" Nvidia Web Drivers!!! I have lost count of how many times i have now done a fresh install! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have tried all three options for the graphics but still to no avail. Either the screen goes completely blank i.e. "black screen of "nothing or the white cursor top left hand corner keeps refreshing every couple of seconds with some IOConsole ID errors.
I have read through the entire guide and everyone's recommendations and tried them and still i'm like WTF Nvidia!

Once the Nvidia web drivers are installed it's say Goodbye to your build. You cannot disable NV, cannot boot to desktop with the -x switch, let alone boot into single-user mode.

Thanks for for your time in putting together this guide and also updating your config.plist which had some previous errors. Guess it's working for some but anyone with a GTX Geforce 980 Ti it aint!???

If there's anyone out there with a 980Ti and has got the damn Alternative Nvidia Web Drivers to work then please post your findings and steps. Will be much appreciated ;)

Hello KGP,

I have followed your guide to the tee for X99 and 10.13 (was previously on 10.12.6 and all was good) and still i cannot get my Geforce GTX 980 Ti to work with these "corrupt" Nvidia Web Drivers!!! I have lost count of how many times i have now done a fresh install! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have tried all three options for the graphics but still to no avail. Either the screen goes completely blank i.e. "black screen of "nothing or the white cursor top left hand corner keeps refreshing every couple of seconds with some IOConsole ID errors.
I have read through the entire guide and everyone's recommendations and tried them and still i'm like WTF Nvidia!

Once the Nvidia web drivers are installed it's say Goodbye to your build. You cannot disable NV, cannot boot to desktop with the -x switch, let alone boot into single-user mode.

Thanks for for your time in putting together this guide and also updating your config.plist which had some previous errors. Guess it's working for some but anyone with a GTX Geforce 980 Ti it aint!???

If there's anyone out there with a 980Ti and has got the damn Alternative Nvidia Web Drivers to work then please post your findings and steps. Will be much appreciated ;)

Did you read my post #555 above?

Yes KGP, i read your latest post #555.

I did a fresh install, downloaded the lastest Clover Bootloader and Configurator & installed. Downloaded your latest attachments, unzipped the files and applied to my EFI partition i.e. Clover folders...

I'm still getting a black screen of nothing! i.e. macOS High Sierra telling me to GFMS :banghead:

If i try the nv_disable=1 boot switch and de-select use NvidiaWebDrivers in the Clover boot menu all i get is a refreshing white cursor with the continous message of :

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUserds: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I cannot boot into single-user or safe mode (-x)...just can't get my 980Ti Graphics card to run with these damn

Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.15.114 --> build 17A365 drivers

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi,

When i disconnect the Displayport and connect via HDMI i get the following continuous message which isn't displayed thru Displayport i.e. black screen!

Can someone explain the attached .jpg???

Attachments

• 20171004_013534.jpg
    20171004_013534.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 78
After a weekend of multiple installs and black screens I did find success using the b.) alternative approach.
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /Library/Extensions
  • Install LATEST NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and lilu.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Install Nvidia Web Drivers.
  • I then did the kextcache update which has now been added to the guide. The code was posted by AndrewL7332 but I used Brumei’s adjustment for “the non command line user” (see post 500)
KGP can you confirm that Brumei's adjustment is ok to use?

I DID NOT install the AGDPfix.app or EmuVariable-64.efi. I tried EmuVariable-64.efi in several previous attempts and it did not seem to help.

I did NOT at any point need to switch from MacPro6,1

Also, I did use kextstat | grep -v com.apple before and after the kextcache update and there were variations in the number of kexts listed. I am not too experienced with Clover/Hackintosh so maybe this is nonsense but I thought it was worth mentioning.

These are just my findings and in no way a suggestion to deviate from the guide.

Cheers,

Raptor

Yes KGP, i read your latest post #555.

I did a fresh install, downloaded the lastest Clover Bootloader and Configurator & installed. Downloaded your latest attachments, unzipped the files and applied to my EFI partition i.e. Clover folders...

I'm still getting a black screen of nothing! i.e. macOS High Sierra telling me to GFMS :banghead:

If i try the nv_disable=1 boot switch and de-select use NvidiaWebDrivers in the Clover boot menu all i get is a refreshing white cursor with the continous message of :

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUserds: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I cannot boot into single-user or safe mode (-x)...just can't get my 980Ti Graphics card to run with these damn

Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.15.114 --> build 17A365 drivers

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You need to calm :) Like this you will not succeed at all :lol:

Let's do it step by step!

a.) First question: your SMBIOS is macPro6,1?

After a weekend of multiple installs and black screens I did find success using the b.) alternative approach.
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /Library/Extensions
  • Install LATEST NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and lilu.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Install Nvidia Web Drivers.
  • I then did the kextcache update which has now been added to the guide. The code was posted by AndrewL7332 but I used Brumei’s adjustment for “the non command line user” (see post 500)
KGP can you confirm that Brumei's adjustment is ok to use?

I DID NOT install the AGDPfix.app or EmuVariable-64.efi. I tried EmuVariable-64.efi in several previous attempts and it did not seem to help.

I did NOT at any point need to switch from MacPro6,1

Also, I did use kextstat | grep -v com.apple before and after the kextcache update and there were variations in the number of kexts listed. I am not too experienced with Clover/Hackintosh so maybe this is nonsense but I thought it was worth mentioning.

These are just my findings and in no way a suggestion to deviate from the guide.

Cheers,

Raptor

Can you please first update your profile or signature that I am able to see the main components of your build?

Then I can answer your post.

Happy that you succeeded in successfully running running your graphics!

Cheers,

KGP

Hi,

When i disconnect the Displayport and connect via HDMI i get the following continuous message which isn't displayed thru Displayport i.e. black screen!

Can someone explain the attached .jpg???

Following my experience, the only way to get rid of the credentialset messages and to make your screen work is either a another reinstall or clean install of macOS High Sierra.... Sorry for the bad news... but this does not either have to do anything with your graphics...

Stupid questions: but the display port worked before? Following your other replies this did not seem to be the case...

Do the ATI-RX 550-560-580 work natively on 10.13 now with MAC PRO 6.1Smbios? my Gt 710 starting to break down need a cheap replacement

I use the RX560 with Lilukext and Whatevergreen.kext... works absolutely flawless and should also work with RX580. I cannot confirm native support.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back