Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kgp

Are you in apfs mode ?? /

Even if you follow the kgp guide many times. I could not find a graphics card troubleshooting.

I am wondering if the formatting method is wrong.

Yes, I use APFS for several months without any issues!

Further note that you are the exception with your Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver issues with SMBIOS iMac17,1. Most other users already reported success.

After the suddenly unexpected official distribution of the Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver, I already ordered another Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme Edition 11GB, which I will asap implement now also in my Skylake-X/X299 Rig as soon as the latter graphics card has been delivered (hopefully in line with the 18 core i9-7980XE). Certainly, I will subsequently demonstrate myself that such graphics cards can be indeed implement on Skylake-X/X299 system with SMBIOS iMac17,1 System Definition under macOS High Sierra 10.13 without any further issues.

Opposite to your incorrect statement above, my guide does indeed implement some graphics card guideline and stroubleshooting.

Try to be constructive in your replies and please don't pass your catastrophic attitude to others..

I honestly don't know what is exactly your problem and what you are doing wrong. Read the previous posts and replies along this thread and try to have a crosstalk with all successful users. And especially try to quietly find your way in successfully running your specific Nvidia graphics card instead of spamming this thread with apocalyptic replies and posts ;)... We all have to find solutions for our specific problems and I myself and other appreciated colleagues even try to solve the problems of others. However, this is Hackintosh and not thanksgiving my friend... ;):lol:

Cheers :thumbup:

KGP

Last edited:
Yes, I use APFS for several months without any issues!

Further note that you are the exception with your Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver issues with SMBIOS iMac17,1. Most other users already reported success.

After the suddenly unexpected official distribution of the Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver, I already ordered another Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme Edition 11GB, which I will asap implement in my Skylake-X/X299 Rig as soon as the latter graphics card has been delivered (hopefully in line with the 18 core i9-7980XE), and I will subsequently demonstrate myself that such graphics cards can be indeed implement on Skylake-X/X299 system with SMBIOS iMac17,1 System Definition under macOS High Sierra 10.13 without any further issues.

Opposite to your incorrect statement above, my guide does indeed implement a graphics card guideline and some troubleshooting.

Try to be constructive in your replies and please don't pass your catastrophic attitude to others..

I honestly don't know what is exactly your problem and what you are doing wrong. Read the previous posts and replies along this thread and try to have a crosstalk with all successful users. And especially try to quietly find your way in successfully running your specific Nvidia graphics card instead of spamming this thread with apocalyptic replies and posts ;)... We all have to find solutions for our specific problems and I myself and other appreciated colleagues even try to solve the problems of others. However, this is Hackintosh and not thanksgiving my friend... ;):lol:

Cheers :thumbup:

KGP
MACs-Mac-Pro:~ filmhd$ sudo tar -xv -C /Library/Extensions -f /Users/filmhd/Downloads/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext.1.0.0.tar

Password:

x NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/

x NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/Contents/

x NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/Contents/Info.plist

x NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/Contents/MacOS/

x NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVWebDriverLibValFix

MACs-Mac-Pro:~ filmhd$ sudo kextutil /Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe7fa415a80 [0x7fff87c895b0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kext.mologie.NVWebDriverLibValFix" }

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

I wonder if it's installed ??

Sorry to bother you and let me know what you are describing. Mac os is hard for the first time

Last edited:
I have the x99-deluxe ii and the aorus 1080 ti. I’m getting a successful boot but when trying to get the nvidia drivers installed but keep running into black screen reboot issues. I know I’m booting in cause I can see the new customac on the network. I’ve tried method a and a+c but without success.

Is there a reason the agdpfix may not work right away?

I did change the nvidiaweb in system paramenters in the config.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong seems like a 2 step process.

Also is there a boot flag I can do to get into the system when I’m stuck at the black screen problem?

Never mind I see to boot with nvdisable=1

Also is there a boot flag I can do to get into the system when I’m stuck at the black screen problem?

Never mind I see to boot with nvdisable=1

What is your SMBIOS Definition?

The boot flag by the way is nv_disable=1

What is your SMBIOS Definition?

The boot flag by the way is nv_disable=1

Sorry yeah that what i meant about the flag.

Im using macpro6,1 smbios

This took a really long time but i somehow got it working and i think it has something to do with SIP.

up until this point i have done 5 fresh installs always ended up at black screen per the guide. Nvidia drivers was the first thing i tried to do once booted from a fresh install.

here are my steps this time with success.

1) 1st time boot successfully after install
2) install nvidia web drivers
3) set config/system parameters/ enable NvidiaWeb
4) reboot (im trying with out agdpfix because i wasnt having luck)
result black screen
5) boot on to drive using my MBP and tried to apply AGDPfix
Resulted in AGDPfix telling me it could not work cause of SIP
6) rebooted to recovery of the system drive (CTRL-R) goto terminal - type csrutil disable
7)reboot again still on my MBP using the hackitosh drive
8) apply AGDPFIX
9) reboot

I have a feeling that when i was applying the AGDPfix before it was showing success but was running into the SIP issue. like i said i had tried this 5 times already and the only difference this time was the SIP disable.

SUCCESS!!!! booted with nvdia drivers enabled and can see the correct card in system preferences.

Also to sound like everyone else i too am trying to follow your build to the T. I bought everything except i have the x99-deluxe-ii.

and after reading almost every post till now on this thread. I too wanted to thank you for such a detailed guide. I have been building hackintoshes since the p35 days with my dual core i5. this is definitely the most detailed with as many alternative options as possible. so thanks again

Now that im booted and got the Graphics going i can now continue your guide lol. I hope i dont run into any other problems.

Reactions: kgp
Sorry yeah that what i meant about the flag.

Im using macpro6,1 smbios

This took a really long time but i somehow got it working and i think it has something to do with SIP.

up until this point i have done 5 fresh installs always ended up at black screen per the guide. Nvidia drivers was the first thing i tried to do once booted from a fresh install.

here are my steps this time with success.

1) 1st time boot successfully after install
2) install nvidia web drivers
3) set config/system parameters/ enable NvidiaWeb
4) reboot (im trying with out agdpfix because i wasnt having luck)
result black screen
5) boot on to drive using my MBP and tried to apply AGDPfix
Resulted in AGDPfix telling me it could not work cause of SIP
6) rebooted to recovery of the system drive (CTRL-R) goto terminal - type csrutil disable
7)reboot again still on my MBP using the hackitosh drive
8) apply AGDPFIX
9) reboot

I have a feeling that when i was applying the AGDPfix before it was showing success but was running into the SIP issue. like i said i had tried this 5 times already and the only difference this time was the SIP disable.

SUCCESS!!!! booted with nvdia drivers enabled and can see the correct card in system preferences.

Also to sound like everyone else i too am trying to follow your build to the T. I bought everything except i have the x99-deluxe-ii.

and after reading almost every post till now on this thread. I too wanted to thank you for such a detailed guide. I have been building hackintoshes since the p35 days with my dual core i5. this is definitely the most detailed with as many alternative options as possible. so thanks again

Now that im booted and got the Graphics going i can now continue your guide lol. I hope i dont run into any other problems.

Don't hesitate to contact me in case of problems :thumbup:

Cheers,

KGP

Im happy to report everything seems to be up an running. except for Cuda (no support atm)

Has anyone had luck finding a fakesmc for gpu that works with this tutorial/build?

Anyone experience random hangs sometimes. Im not sure but my geekbench opencl score is also really low?

Could hangs be a graphics things?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 5.28.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 5.28.14 PM.png
    130 KB · Views: 109
Im happy to report everything seems to be up an running. except for Cuda (no support atm)

Has anyone had luck finding a fakesmc for gpu that works with this tutorial/build?

FakeSMC for GPU?

In generell I recommend to use the FakeSMC contained in my distributed EFI Folder. Don't use the FakeSMC, which comes with HWSensors! The latter will cause random reboots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back