Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that you can start to work again :)... However you did not answer my original question. At which point did you apply the kextcache update approach? After installing the 10.13 Nvidia web drivers or after additionally installing NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /L/E/ and using lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ? Do you apply now the AGDPFix.app now at all?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Cheers,

KGP

first step is installing Web Driver but not restarting, installing those kext and last step is updating kextcache, I didn't perform AGDPFix.

Cheers!

Brumie

first step is installing Web Driver but not restarting, installing those kext and last step is updating kextcache, I didn't perform AGDPFix.

Cheers!

Brumie

Those kext? You mean this kext? You mean after installing NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext?

Cheers,

KGP

What about using iMac 17,1 is inadequate? What am I going to lose? Previously I was using 14,1 on the same hardware with Sierra and was getting very excellent results with high-end video editing applications. What is the advantage of using MacPro 6,1?
I tried SMBIOS 16,1 on X99 with Broadwell-E and things didn't go very well. Random restarts, unstable video card, lots of problems.

14,2 SMBIOS seems to be working well.

I think I had 6,1 when I had the Haswell CPU.

This X99 guide uses SMBIOS macPro 6,1 and is compatible with Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E/EP processors ! Can we now stop the SMBIOS discussion, please?

Thanks!

KGP

Reactions: GDS
This X99 guide uses SMBIOS macPro 6,1 and is compatible with Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E/EP processors ! Can we now stop the SMBIOS discussion, please?

Thanks!

KGP

Guess what?

Now I changed my SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 and the computer is still able to boot and use the Nvidia Web Driver. SO, my conclusion is this Gigabyte motherboard, AGDPFix doesn't work, OR the earlier config.plist that I was using from your guide was a problem

In any event, I THINK now that it would work only to:
  • Use your latest config.plist as the base
  • Install NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to /Library/Extensions
  • Install LATEST NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and lilu.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Confirm that SSDT-sleep.aml is not in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  • Confirm that Acpi/Drop Tables has the following lines:
DMAR
SSDT TableID Cpu0lst
SSDT TableID CpuPm​
  • Set SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1, and generate a new Serial # and checked it to be sure it passes the tests
  • Do not install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, nor run the AGDPfix.app
  • Install Nvidia Web Drivers and click through both errors
  • Do not reboot before doing the following (I suspect that one or more of the kexts isn't loading)
sudo chown root:wheel -R /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown root:wheel -R /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod 755 -R /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod 755 -R /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /
Andrew

Guess what?

Now I changed my SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 and the computer is still able to boot and use the Nvidia Web Driver. SO, my conclusion is this Gigabyte motherboard, AGDPFix doesn't work, OR the earlier config.plist that I was using from your guide was a problem

In any event, I THINK now that it would work only to:
  • Use your latest config.plist as the base
  • Install NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to /Library/Extensions
  • Install LATEST NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and lilu.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  • Confirm that SSDT-sleep.aml is not in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  • Confirm that Acpi/Drop Tables has the following lines:
DMAR
SSDT TableID Cpu0lst
SSDT TableID CpuPm​
  • Set SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1, and generate a new Serial # and checked it to be sure it passes the tests
  • Do not install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, nor run the AGDPfix.app
  • Install Nvidia Web Drivers and click through both errors
  • Do not reboot before doing the following (I suspect that one or more of the kexts isn't loading)
sudo chown root:wheel -R /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown root:wheel -R /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod 755 -R /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod 755 -R /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /
Andrew

Thanks for your extensive reply and summary!

However, I have to remember that on my system, the solely application of the AGDPfix.app after the web driver installation was totally sufficient for solving the black screen issue! No necessity for adding ACPI drop tables, EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and lilu.kext, removal of SSDT-sleep.aml, kext cache update are anything else you report and suggest above!!!!!!

I will not further change my guide in any direction. All different options are offered and everything is said! Everybody has to find his/her way to properly run the web drivers for his/her particular system configuration.

In any case, there is absolutely no necessity for abandoning SMBIOS macPro6,1, which certainly is pretty well able to manage any Nvidia, Broadwell-E/EP, Hasell-E/EP and X99 board configuration!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
I have a Asrock x99 2011-v3 xeon, gtx 980.

I installed the nvidiagraphicsfixup, nvwebdriverlibvalfix, lilu.

Smbios macpro 6,1
Removed ssdt-sleep.aml

Did not install emuvariableuefi-64.efi.
I DID install adgpfix

I did not add drop tables.

Otherwise its the same efi from original post.

Manually refreshed kernel/kextcaches

KERNEL PANICS

Changed smbios to imac17,1

Issues resolved.

USB 2.0 ports do not work. More than 1 monitor connected will crash system (pretty sure that's just my board though, I've had that problem for as long as I can remember)

While I don’t think this is a permanent solution it does seem interesting that it’s viable at all.

I just wanted to confirm that a imac17,1 smbios is something worth trying when resolving the issue on an x99 board.

[EDIT]

After removing* adgpfix, smbios macpro6,1 works fine.
USB and monitor issues have been resolved by this.

Side note: Lilu+applehda audio does not work for my system but I would recommend voodooHDA.

*by clean reinstall

Last edited:
I have a Asrock x99 2011-v3 xeon, gtx 980.

I installed the nvidiagraphicsfixup, nvwebdriverlibvalfix, lilu.

Smbios macpro 6,1
Removed ssdt-sleep.aml

Did not install emuvariableuefi-64.efi.
I DID install adgpfix

I did not add drop tables.

Otherwise its the same efi from original post.

Manually refreshed kernel/kextcaches

KERNEL PANICS

Changed smbios to imac17,1

Issues resolved.

While I don’t think this is a permanent solution it does seem interesting that it’s viable at all.

I just wanted to confirm that a imac17,1 smbios does resolve the issue on an x99 board.

Ufffff!!!!!! Please!!!!!! Not again!!!!! :oops::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back