Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's see until which point I will be able to help. In any case the adaptation has to be done by yourself. Nevertheless, don't hesitate to ask in case of open questions.
Thanks,
I will try it by myself 1st.

after few tests, the system seems working very well.
I bought today, for the OS, a Nvme SDD. Very easy to install with the Kgp guide.
I added and adapted some differents settings here and there with other post too but I start from your config.plist.
Really thanks man to contribuate for the hack community.
God bless you.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-12-26 à 20.17.48.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-12-26 à 20.17.48.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Capture d’écran 2017-12-26 à 17.53.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-12-26 à 17.53.01.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: kgp
hi @kgp, after I turn to 10.3.2 with your 10.3.2 clover package, I found the built-in sound is disabled. I cannot see built-in sound input/output devices in system reports/audio any longer. However, DisplayPort channel works well.
I noted that the difference between the older version and the current one may be lilu and applealc update to 1.2.1. When I try to back to 1.2.0, it will be Kernel Panic.

Do you have any comments about that. Thanks.

Happy new year!

hi @kgp, after I turn to 10.3.2 with your 10.3.2 clover package, I found the built-in sound is disabled. I cannot see built-in sound input/output devices in system reports/audio any longer. However, DisplayPort channel works well.
I noted that the difference between the older version and the current one may be lilu and applealc update to 1.2.1. When I try to back to 1.2.0, it will be Kernel Panic.

Do you have any comments about that. Thanks.

Happy new year!

You have to enable the ALZA -> HDEF ACPI DSDT patch replacement,
set AUDIO ID to 1,
and implement AppleALC.kext v1.2.1 and Lilu.kext v1.2.1

Happy new year also to you!

Last edited:
You have to enable CAVS -> HDEF ACPI DSDT patch replacement,
set AUDIO ID to 7,
and implement AppleALC.kext v1.2.1 and Lilu.kext v1.2.1

Happy new year also to you!
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any reference about CAVS -> HDEF patch. It seems not mentioned in this post. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any reference about CAVS -> HDEF patch. It seems not mentioned in this post. Thanks.
Do you mean "ALZA -> HDEF"?

Sorry my mistake... was thinking in terms of X299...

It should certainly read ALZA -> HDEF when speaking about X99. Also the AUDIO ID to be injected is 1 and not 7.

I totally confused.. My bad...

Now corrected in my reply above.

Last edited:
Sorry my mistake... was thinking in terms of X299...

It should certainly read ALZA -> HDEF when speaking about X99. Also the AUDIO ID to be injected is 1 and not 7.

I totally confused.. May bad...

Now corrected in my reply above.
I have the exactly same config with yours, and I simply enable all dsdt patches which are given by your conf, and then put your ssdt-asus-x99-a-ii.aml to my efi. The sound works well for now. Thank you so much!

Reactions: kgp
I have the exactly same config with yours, and I simply enable all dsdt patches which are given by your conf, and then put your ssdt-asus-x99-a-ii.aml to my efi. The sound works well for now. Thank you so much!

you are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back