Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KPG, thanks for your reply.

It seems I got it working now, XCPM and power management including sleep.

The only issue I have now is that I have noticed that when I use KextToPatch "X99 Patch by Brumbaer" my system takes 3-4 times longer to boot than before.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This means your system also boots without the "X99 Patch" by Brumbaer? Then why don't you boot your system without deg X99 patch?

The boot time by the way rather depends on your system disk and whether the latter implements a HFS+ or APFS partition.

Hello KGP, my motherboard is ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME / U3.1, CPU is 5930K, NVME device is inter750 400G, video card is GTX960, I follow your guide to configure EFI and installed macOS10.13.2, the question now is sleep Wake-up, wake-up after a manual sleep can be successful for the first time, but the second and later times, there will be a chance of wake-up failure, the specific performance is 1: the screen is off, 2: The USB device's light is off, 3: NVME device indicator is on, 4: Motherboard lights, fan work, the motherboard code is still displayed 30. I want to know where is the problem, can you help me, thank you very much:thumbup:

I just can confirm that on my rig both forced and automated sleep/wake works flawless. I simply do not have the time to configure the entire system for each user. I hope for your understanding. Please try to further improve your configuration until a stable sleep/wake functionality is reached...

Good luck,

KGP

check the motherboard code wether it related to memory module.
x99 have a common problem,sometimes.wake from sleep will hang up caused by memory.even on windows.
search the code in google with sleep、wake keywords.
if its related to memory,try reseat memory,cpu,loose cpu cooler,adjust fivr,vccsa voltage.then if unsolved,sorry no way to resolve.

Please see post #1146..

This means your system also boots without the "X99 Patch" by Brumbaer? Then why don't you boot your system without deg X99 patch?

The boot time by the way rather depends on your system disk and whether the latter implements a HFS+ or APFS partition.

Thanks

Is checking "disable" the same as completely deleting the patch?

Ok, I found the culprit, it seems that the KextToPatch "SSD Trim Enabler" is causing the slow booting time. When I disable it it takes about 10 seconds to boot and when enabled 30-40+ seconds

I just can confirm that on my rig both forced and automated sleep/wake works flawless. I simply do not have the time to configure the entire system for each user. I hope for your understanding. Please try to further improve your configuration until a stable sleep/wake functionality is reached...

Good luck,

KGP
Hello, I try to upgrade the BIOS version and lower the BIOS version. As "itsme001" said, I readjust memory and other related parameters, or sleep wake instability occurs. I will re-adjust my configuration, I think this has a great relationship with my memory, after all, DDR4 just came out to buy, maybe I should change the memory. I will try again, thank you very much for your help

Ok, I found the culprit, it seems that the KextToPatch "SSD Trim Enabler" is causing the slow booting time. When I disable it it takes about 10 seconds to boot and when enabled 30-40+ seconds

Commonly known issue..

Hello, I try to upgrade the BIOS version and lower the BIOS version. As "itsme001" said, I readjust memory and other related parameters, or sleep wake instability occurs. I will re-adjust my configuration, I think this has a great relationship with my memory, after all, DDR4 just came out to buy, maybe I should change the memory. I will try again, thank you very much for your help

Please check if your memory is part of the ASUS RAM Memory Vendor Specification List for your particular mainboard.

Good luck,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back