MSI Z170-A
CPU
Intel i6700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070 8G Windforce OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys!

I am having a few issues with MacOS Sierra working on my new machine. Before I get into the issues, let me tell you my build for reference.

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G
RAM: 16GB
Storage: 256GB Samsung EVO PRO SSD

I think that is all the relevant information that you guys would need to know. Now let me list the issues that I am having, in my opinion, most important to least.

• Ethernet does not work on Windows 10 or MacOS. I was able to restore Ethernet capability by disabling XHCI Handoff.
  • Booting into Windows 10 requires me to unplug the SSD that has MacOS on it. I cannot boot into it when the drive is selected in the Clover boot menu, and now the PC attempts to load the WinOS, fails, boots into the BIOS, then after I save and exit, loads into Windows.
  • When I load up MacOS, the password screen looks as if it tears pretty badly. This seems to go away once I am on the home screen. I cannot confirm this is not an issue after getting pass the login screen since no Ethernet works.
  • I cannot output to more than one monitor (I have 3).
Any help on this would be fantastic. Please and thanks for any help in advance.

@mgladin, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Booting into Windows 10 requires me to unplug the SSD that has MacOS on it. I cannot boot into it when the drive is selected in the Clover boot menu, and now the PC attempts to load the WinOS, fails, boots into the BIOS, then after I save and exit, loads into Windows.

Check the Multi Booting section for possible solutions.

When I load up MacOS, the password screen looks as if it tears pretty badly. This seems to go away once I am on the home screen. I cannot confirm this is not an issue after getting pass the login screen since no Ethernet works.

You are booting from your iGPU, and you have set your iGPU as Primary in your BIOS?
Pascal generation GPUs (GTX 10x0) are not supported yet.

I cannot output to more than one monitor (I have 3).

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back