Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... it is the only correct way. Anything else would be wrong... and not expected to work.

Then you have some other problem unrelated to the 0b vs. 12 delay.
Try Detect Displays in SysPrefs->Displays (press Option).
Also, are you testing with multiple monitors? Your problem could be display specific, not laptop specific.

Note: CPU power management is not implemented.

Note: VirtualBox not recommended. Remove.
I tried detect displays, didn't work. I haven't tried another monitor but I will soon. This could be the case, so I will try that when I get the chance. I removed virtualbox drivers. I do not know how to enable CPU power management, but if you have a guide to link me to, that would be great.

Like all important guides, it is a pinned thread at the top of this forum:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
I got my power management working thanks to this! My battery life thanks you very much

I will try to get another monitor to test the HDMI out soon, but I just realized I am running from HDMI to DVI, which should work fine, being that they are both digital signals, but I don't know too much about the technicalities of video signals, so it's very possible this is the case. I will try another monitor with HDMI as soon as I can. Thank you

I got my power management working thanks to this! My battery life thanks you very much

I will try to get another monitor to test the HDMI out soon, but I just realized I am running from HDMI to DVI, which should work fine, being that they are both digital signals, but I don't know too much about the technicalities of video signals, so it's very possible this is the case. I will try another monitor with HDMI as soon as I can. Thank you

Using adapters like that is always sketchy, especially with OS X...

Using adapters like that is always sketchy, especially with OS X...
It seems to work well enough on my Mac Mini and my other laptops here, but I guess it just comes with having a hackintosh

It seems to work well enough on my Mac Mini and my other laptops here, but I guess it just comes with having a hackintosh

Is your Macmini using a Broadwell CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back