Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're using the 0105 patch for 0x16260006, correct?

It is:
Find: <01050b00 00040000 07050000>
Replace: <01050b00 00080000 07050000>

The current delay is 0b (01050b).
You can simply change the 0b to 12 in the replace hex.
Well, as far as I can tell, it worked. So far I've restarted it and it's been acting fine, but we'll have to wait and see if it stays working permanently. I DO however have another problem, not immediately important, but I tried booting with the BD03 to HDAU patch on my DSDT and ended up with a kernel panic. Same thing happened with the GFX0 to IGPU patch. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Attached is both the new DSDT's, along with my IOReg and Clover folder (no themes and F4)

Edit: also added the kernel panic pictures, sorry about that

Attachments

• Clover IOReg DSDT patched.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 114
  • HDAU.PNG
    HDAU.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • IGPU.PNG
    IGPU.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
Well, as far as I can tell, it worked. So far I've restarted it and it's been acting fine, but we'll have to wait and see if it stays working permanently. I DO however have another problem, not immediately important, but I tried booting with the BD03 to HDAU patch on my DSDT and ended up with a kernel panic. Same thing happened with the GFX0 to IGPU patch. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Attached is both the new DSDT's, along with my IOReg and Clover folder (no themes and F4)

Edit: also added the kernel panic pictures, sorry about that

Renames like B0D3->HDAU and GFX0->IGPU must be applied equally across all DSDT+SSDTs that reference the renamed symbol.

Also, DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Read it carefully.

Renames like B0D3->HDAU and GFX0->IGPU must be applied equally across all DSDT+SSDTs that reference the renamed symbol.

Also, DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Read it carefully.
Well, I added the fix across all the SSDT's as well, and this time when I went to start up with testing both the IGPU and the B0D3, I ended up with the same kernel panic on the B0D3 and this (the picture) for the IGPU right before it restarted. Instead of a KP it just gets to this point and restarts instantly. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• IGPU FIX.PNG
    IGPU FIX.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
Well, I added the fix across all the SSDT's as well, and this time when I went to start up with testing both the IGPU and the B0D3, I ended up with the same kernel panic on the B0D3 and this (the picture) for the IGPU right before it restarted. Instead of a KP it just gets to this point and restarts instantly. Any other ideas?

Did you set DropOem=true?

Attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (without themes).

Did you set DropOem=true?

Attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (without themes).
Just tried using DROP OEM for both DSDT and SSDT and it wouldn't boot at all. Maybe one or the other would work? Also the original problem is apparently still not fixed, as it just happened again.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 122
Just tried using DROP OEM for both DSDT and SSDT and it wouldn't boot at all. Maybe one or the other would work? Also the original problem is apparently still not fixed, as it just happened again.

No such thing as "DROP OEM for... DSDT". The config key is DropOem and applies only to SSDT.

The config.plist you attach here uses DropOem=false. As mentioned already, DropOem must be true with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

The files you have in ACPI/patched are patched incorrectly. DSDT does not have B0D3->HDAU, but SSDT-9 does. Same goes for GFX0->IGPU.

As mentioned already, renames must be applied equally.

No such thing as "DROP OEM for... DSDT". The config key is DropOem and applies only to SSDT.

The config.plist you attach here uses DropOem=false. As mentioned already, DropOem must be true with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

The files you have in ACPI/patched are patched incorrectly. DSDT does not have B0D3->HDAU, but SSDT-9 does. Same goes for GFX0->IGPU.

As mentioned already, renames must be applied equally.

Here is my current clover folder. I have config2.plist as the config with the DropOem for the SSDT's enabled and in the ACPI/Patched folder I have DSDT2 and DSDT3 as DSDT2 with the IGPU patch and DSDT3 as the B0D3 patch. I use these renames to quickly change the names of the files clover will be using when I boot up each time, keeping the original working files as a way to quickly boot back up.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 102
Here is my current clover folder. I have config2.plist as the config with the DropOem for the SSDT's enabled and in the ACPI/Patched folder I have DSDT2 and DSDT3 as DSDT2 with the IGPU patch and DSDT3 as the B0D3 patch. I use these renames to quickly change the names of the files clover will be using when I boot up each time, keeping the original working files as a way to quickly boot back up.

You need to provide the actual EFI/Clover that produces the problem. Sorry, I'm not going to try and guess what you're actually doing.

You need to provide the actual EFI/Clover that produces the problem. Sorry, I'm not going to try and guess what you're actually doing.
Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I got both patches to work by just using DropOem=YES and patching the DSDT.aml and the SSDT-9.aml with both patches, which seems pretty self explanatory now, but for some reason took me a lot longer than it needed to. In any case, my display is STILL not working all the time, so here's the IOReg and Clover (finally with both IGPU and HDAU patches) with F4/No themes.

Attachments

• Clover and iOReg (display not connected).zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I got both patches to work by just using DropOem=YES and patching the DSDT.aml and the SSDT-9.aml with both patches,

Yes... it is the only correct way. Anything else would be wrong... and not expected to work.

In any case, my display is STILL not working all the time, so here's the IOReg and Clover (finally with both IGPU and HDAU patches) with F4/No themes.

Then you have some other problem unrelated to the 0b vs. 12 delay.
Try Detect Displays in SysPrefs->Displays (press Option).
Also, are you testing with multiple monitors? Your problem could be display specific, not laptop specific.

Note: CPU power management is not implemented.

Note: VirtualBox not recommended. Remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back