Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, less than 3 mins required.
Nice - it worked! Still on Clover and Mojave. Thanks for the tip.

One more question: was the "EFICheckDisabler.kext" supposed to stop the machine from automatically mounting the EFI partition randomly? I still see the "firmwaresynd" mount in /Volumes/ every so often.

Thanks again!

Nice - it worked! Still on Clover and Mojave. Thanks for the tip.

One more question: was the "EFICheckDisabler.kext" supposed to stop the machine from automatically mounting the EFI partition randomly? I still see the "firmwaresynd" mount in /Volumes/ every so often.

Thanks again!
That was supposed to be a disabler for the EFIcheck, a message that used to show up on High Sierra, saying theres a problem with your computer but i believe it is fixed long time ago in Clover and OpenCore itself.

But it may be that volume itself that is responsible for that, add EFICheckDisabler.kext and see if you notice it.

That was supposed to be a disabler for the EFIcheck, a message that used to show up on High Sierra, saying theres a problem with your computer but i believe it is fixed long time ago in Clover and OpenCore itself.

But it may be that volume itself that is responsible for that, add EFICheckDisabler.kext and see if you notice it.
That's what I'm saying, I have EFICheckDisabler.kext on both of my machines, but they still randomly automount the "firmwaresyncd" Volume from time to time. I've never gotten the popup you mentioned. Not a huge deal, just wondering if you know of a solution to prevent that from happening.

That's what I'm saying, I have EFICheckDisabler.kext on both of my machines, but they still randomly automount the "firmwaresyncd" Volume from time to time. I've never gotten the popup you mentioned. Not a huge deal, just wondering if you know of a solution to prevent that from happening.
Haven't noticed that on any of my machines but i can't say it may not happen, i can't really say anything about this until i notice this and see what happens, i have to research on that a bit more.

Haven't noticed that on any of my machines but i can't say it may not happen, i can't really say anything about this until i notice this and see what happens, i have to research on that a bit more.

hi sniki,

somehow my trackpad stopped working.
did not change anything but suddenly it stops working.
i have the t 450 trackpad and the tree real button are working.
keyboard is working normal.
I updated twice the kext, no change.

thx

Attachments

• debug_7049 .zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 52
I wouldn't bother - it's not a big deal.

I think it has something to do with macOS attempting to perform the "EFI Firmware Update" that's in the app store for certain machines. I've already hidden those updates with the softwareupdate command line utility, but I might be able to remove it entirely from my system by making a few SMBIOS changes.

Hi,

Someone successfully updated to Catalina ?

@CoBrA2168 I think i know the solution, you should upgrade the SMBIOS section with latest firmware version.
Acidanthera / MacInfoPkg does such job.
You can keep your SMBIOS up to date with that tool,
Here is what you need, replace those values with up to date ones.

hi sniki,

somehow my trackpad stopped working.
did not change anything but suddenly it stops working.
i have the t 450 trackpad and the tree real button are working.
keyboard is working normal.
I updated twice the kext, no change.

thx
VoodooInput.kext is not loaded and not present on IOreg.
Try EC Reset and see if it fixes the problem.
Hi,

Someone successfully updated to Catalina ?
A new really big update is on it's way, i almost finalized the ACPI rework and every ACPI patch/SSDT is only applicable to Darwin (macOS).
By this you can dual/triple boot macOS/Windows/Linux and have Windows and Linux not affected by the macOS patches and renames and SSDTs.

I also am close to complete the ALC3232 audio to work only with AppleALC, without CodecCommander.kext and without ALCPlugFix.

i would wait a week or two for the update and then enjoy everything working perfect as expected.

Great, I'll wait.
Thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back