Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki,

I and a bunch of T440s users are having trouble getting the bcm94360cs2 wifi card working on Windows. It loads the drivers, detects the adapter, but does not show any networks. Works perfectly under OSX.

Would you or any of the users have any insights ?

I had that happen a couple of times and usually it went away with time or I needed to unplug and replug the external battery to get rid of that warning.

I did some additional improvements into battery status and all ACPI tables in general.
It was not reporting battery remaining on Activity Monitor > Energy Tab correctly.
So now i fixed that problem and it is reporting correctly for me.
That used to show up for me as well but now it doesn't.
If it still does show up after the update you should know that it may be your internal battery.
I hope that tomorrow time allows to complete the ACPI tables and update all my thinkpad files and update the guides (Update Mojave) and Add Catalina one.

Thanks for the replies @Sniki @Fobos531

In my situation, it might be the case of the ACPI table as I have been having this prpblem for quite some time (been like in the last 6 months), and the "replace soon" did not go away even after 2x Mojave fresh install cycle, each using different version of SSDT as uploaded on T440 github.

Therefore, looking forward have the latest update for Mojave.

Now this is a REAL problem. If you have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440s you have ALC3232. What are you trying to do here?
When you are new to hackintoshing, you need exactly the same hardware as a guide is written for.
I checked what components I have windows with aida64 and it showed ALC292. I don't now what can I do about it... I have the sound on speakers and headphones so it works. Only it gives little noise on headphones. I won't worry about it for now.

Check if SIP is disabled in your EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. For editing this file google use e.g. CloverConfigurator
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>
I did new, step by step with guide, installation of Mojave, then installed clover, copied kexts, and after rebuilding cache effect was the same. I checked SIP. The CsrActiveConfig had 0x3e7 value. I changed it to 0x67, saved config.plist and rebiult cache and nothing changed. I did restart with clover on usb, rebuilt cache - nothing changed.

Last edited:
Yes, Catalina guide should come soon but i want to incorporate all the fixes like Full Dock Support etc.

You can still update with current Mojave guide as well, just update to latest files, clover, latest kexts and you are good 2 go.

You can see above that @Fobos531 has already been on Catalina and successfully updated to 10.15.2

@Sniki
Any progress on that project or did I missed the guide somewhere (special interests regarding the dock support)... thanks in advance

You can see above that @Fobos531 has already been on Catalina and successfully updated to 10.15.2
I also can affirm successful update to 10.15.3, only two restraints:
  1. I do not use Trackpad or Trackpoint, so I do not know whether there are problems.
  2. It seems Apple has changed SIP behavior: to me it was not possible to change SIP settings via terminal, even with sudo. There was no error or log entry. It just did not change.
    Only thing working is changing it via Clover injection at startup. (@Sniki this could be relevant for Catalina guide)

I checked what components I have windows with aida64 and it showed ALC292. I don't now what can I do about it... I have the sound on speakers and headphones so it works. Only it gives little noise on headphones. I won't worry about it for now.
Okay, my failure. Google shows these codecs are some kind of "the same" or at least "behave similarly".
I changed it to 0x67, saved config.plist and rebiult cache and nothing changed. I did restart with clover on usb, rebuilt cache - nothing changed.
Can't help you with that - I am just some weeks longer into this than you... Just to help your understanding: config.plist is an configuration file for Clover. Clover is a boot-loader, it just starts MacOS or MacOS installation. It's not running in background or something. It just helps to boot up an OS. So this config file is read and used only in boot process. Changing it afterwards has no effect until you reboot. Also all these .kext kernel extensions are injected at start up of the OS.
With this basic knowledge one can deduce from your problem "it starts from USB stick but not from SSD" that there is a difference between your USB stick and your SSD. Could be your Clover version, in your config.plist or in the .kext files...

Again shameless self-reference... Possible that your problems with SIP are related to Apples latest updates for Mojave and Catalina.

Last edited:
@Sniki,

I and a bunch of T440s users are having trouble getting the bcm94360cs2 wifi card working on Windows. It loads the drivers, detects the adapter, but does not show any networks. Works perfectly under OSX.

Would you or any of the users have any insights ?
The same happens with bcm94352z for me, so it happens to be an issue with multiple broadcom cards unfortunately.

I did new, step by step with guide, installation of Mojave, then installed clover, copied kexts, and after rebuilding cache effect was the same. I checked SIP. The CsrActiveConfig had 0x3e7 value. I changed it to 0x67, saved config.plist and rebiult cache and nothing changed. I did restart with clover on usb, rebuilt cache - nothing changed.
Read what the log is saying in the output:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed:
It is allowing the kext into the cache. No issues here.

Today i got a new ThinkPad into my laptop lineup:
A Lenovo ThinkPad T440S:
  • Intel Core i7 4600U
  • 12GB Ram DDR3L 1600MHz
  • 256GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD
  • FingerPrint Reader
  • SmartCard Reader
  • 1080p Display
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • 4G LTE WWAN Card
The friend that sold it to me does have a decent amount of thinkpad parts, i grabbed a physical buttons trackpad for upgrade from a dissasembled palmrest that had it, it was a T450S thinkpad as it was dissasembled and guess what, original touchpads do have working physical buttons on Windows aswell without a custom driver.
The upgrades that we order from AliExpress or eBay are custommade and have some sort of a fake firmware that does work with only like 2-3 specific drivers if you want working physical buttons: Couldn't be any happier than that !

To the point, i got it for 100 euros, it had some scratches on the display back cover (the panel that has the Lenovo and Thinkpad with LED i word that when you close the hing you see it.
Also got a dissasembled one that looks like new and this laptop now looks like it came just out of the box, perfect condition all around.
The scratched and bumped back cover of the display caused a line on the display and a bit of light bleed on the center of the display but i will order a new IPS panel for that.

I love the thin chassis and small display bezzels.
This laptop does still look like being released in 2018-2019 in terms of design.

I believe it was a spicy deal, 100 Euros for maxed out and just having to add 40 additional euros for the display makes it perfect.

Now expect even more support and improvements to this laptop.

Last edited:
I believe it was a spicy deal, 100 Euros for maxed out and just having to add 40 additional euros for the display makes it perfect.
Wow, a very good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back