Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the card IDs of your DW1820A ?
I will send you a kext for testing tonight.
I fixed mine with only a modified AirportBrcmFixUp.kext and it's working flawless without aspm or any single fix.
Mine is DW1820A 0VW3T3 with id=0023

Ok, can you also send the device-id and vendor-id from ioreg ?
pci14e4,43a3@0, on PCI0@0->AppleACPIPCI->EXP2@1C,1->IOPP
Do you mean these?

Ok if you have some knowledge you can fix it by yourself:
Open AirportBrcmFixup.kext by right clicking on it > Show contents
Go to Content/Resources and open info.plist with plisteditpro or any other plist editor.
Now open IOKitPersonalities>Broadcom 802.11 PCI> and copy the line: pci14e4,43a3
Now go to Airport_Brcm4360 and paste that line there.

Save

Add the boot-arg: brcmfx-driver=1
Into the config.plist file.

Reboot and enjoy your working card

After a lot of testing i managed to get it working like charm and i had 0 issues so far.

I have one of the more problematic models but this way it works like charm.

Ok if you have some knowledge you can fix it by yourself:
Thanks! I will test and report tomorrow because I left my T440s in office.

Thanks! I will test and report tomorrow because I left my T440s in office.
Here i uploaded mine, just use the boot-arg: brcmfx-driver=1 and it should work all good, no aspm, no fake-id patches/not a single property. just the kext and boot-arg

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 62
Here i uploaded mine, just use the boot-arg: brcmfx-driver=1 and it should work all good, no aspm, no fake-id patches/not a single property. just the kext and boot-arg
Here is my report:
1. Using your AirportBrcmFixup kext, or adding pci14e4,43a3 to my current AirportBrcmFixup kext, lead to the same panic.
2. Tried vanilla install of Clover following your steps in page 1 of this thread, with two options: a) kexts in Clover folder and b)kexts in Library/Extensions/ folder + rebuild cache. Both lead to the same KP as in the attached picture.
3. In both above cases (1 and 2a, 2b), if I disable wireless I/O port in BIOS --> Security session, the laptop boot fine to High Sierra 10.13.3 (vanilla).
4. For reference, I attached with this post my Clover folder for the case 2a (one note: when install to /L/E, BrcmFirmwareData.kext is replaced by BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as someone recommended).

Attachments

• KP on DW1820A.jpg
    KP on DW1820A.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 56
Here is my report:
1. Using your AirportBrcmFixup kext, or adding pci14e4,43a3 to my current AirportBrcmFixup kext, lead to the same panic.
2. Tried vanilla install of Clover following your steps in page 1 of this thread, with two options: a) kexts in Clover folder and b)kexts in Library/Extensions/ folder + rebuild cache. Both lead to the same KP as in the attached picture.
3. In both above cases (1 and 2a, 2b), if I disable wireless I/O port in BIOS --> Security session, the laptop boot fine to High Sierra 10.13.3 (vanilla).
4. For reference, I attached with this post my Clover folder for the case 2a (one note: when install to /L/E, BrcmFirmwareData.kext is replaced by BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as someone recommended).
brcmfx-driver=1 kernel flag/boot-arg is a must
Without it all your tests render useless.
The point with this is to use the airport_brcm4360 driver instead of airport_brcmNIC

It was there, in my config.plist.
Try with:
brcmfx-driver=0
brcmfx-driver=2
brcmfx-driver=3

Find out which one works for you.
Only with AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back