Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also own a genuine Apple MacMini6,1 from 2012 with an Apple special i5 mobile
CPU with HD4000 graphics. Its running the standard Apple bootloader software and
macOS 10.15.7 with all updates.

I ran IORegistryExplorer and looked at the EHC USB hubs. I would show you
Port 4 of EHC2, but it doesn't have a USB port 4 there. Instead, I'm showing
you Port 4 of EHC1 below.

As you can see, the port is configured with

kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit = kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit = 0x834 = 2100 mA = 2.1 amps.

Apparently, the headkaze USB power settings and Dortania USB power settings for iMacPro1,1
are correct, even for a machine configured as a Macmini6,1. Looking at the MacMini's device-id
for the USB hubs, it is apparent that the MacMini used the same intel USB chips as the HP 8300.

In the second screen shot below, I'm showing the LPC Controller at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F, 0x0)
as described above in post #959 inthe listing for my genuine Apple Macmini6,1. Under LPCB@1F,
Apple configures an AppleLPC device, whose properties are shown. If you don't include a
"compatible" property for your LPC controller in DeviceProperties in your OC config.plist as
described in post #959, this device does not appear in your IORegistryExplorer listing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 1.18.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 1.18.16 PM.png
    110 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 1.29.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 1.29.06 PM.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
不要になったので削除してください。

Last edited:
Downloading macOS Big Sur Public Release and will be testing all the things that i can possibly test.
Once all checks have passed, i will publish the OC guide.

A few suggestions regarding SMBIOS (supported) for Big Sur ? for HD4000 users i would suggest the Trash Can as i mentioned on some earlier posts and had everything working buttery smooth.

Unfortunately i don't have any Dedicated GPU to test.

@LisaAlterEgo what are you SMBIOS choices you would suggest and give some brief description about pros and cons between each other.
I would need this so i can include all the SMBIOS choices on USBPorts.kext

Thoughts on Power Management with OpenCore and suggestions ?
Personally i am still using that SSDT i generated of my i7-3770 and haven't had any issues with it.

@Asural im not 100% sure to which dialog are you refering, but i think you mean the Power Menu when you hold the Power Button like this one? :
Power Menu.png

If it is this one, then it is because LPC/LPCB Controller is not loaded, i believe @LisaAlterEgo described this one a few posts ago, it is necessary to be loaded.

Downloading macOS Big Sur Public Release and will be testing all the things that i can possibly test.
Once all checks have passed, i will publish the OC guide.

A few suggestions regarding SMBIOS (supported) for Big Sur ? for HD4000 users i would suggest the Trash Can as i mentioned on some earlier posts and had everything working buttery smooth.

Unfortunately i don't have any Dedicated GPU to test.

@LisaAlterEgo what are you SMBIOS choices you would suggest and give some brief description about pros and cons between each other.
I would need this so i can include all the SMBIOS choices on USBPorts.kext

Thoughts on Power Management with OpenCore and suggestions ?
Personally i am still using that SSDT i generated of my i7-3770 and haven't had any issues with it.

@Asural im not 100% sure to which dialog are you refering, but i think you mean the Power Menu when you hold the Power Button like this one? :
View attachment 495402
If it is this one, then it is because LPC/LPCB Controller is not loaded, i believe @LisaAlterEgo described this one a few posts ago, it is necessary to be loaded.
Sniki,

For my machines with an RX 560 or an RX570 dGPU, I'm using iMacPro1,1 because I get higher
resolution scores in VideoProc and HEVC. So far, I haven't gotten AppleDRM to work in BigSur.

For my machines with an Nvidia GT730, I'm still stuck in Catalina with iMac13,2 SMBIOS. I don't
know how to achieve GFX0 renaming as recommended by Toleda and experimented a little with
MacPro6,1 but couldn't figure out the GFX1, GFX2 loading/unloading in Apple's AGDP policies.

Sniki,

For my machines with an RX 560 or an RX570 dGPU, I'm using iMacPro1,1 because I get higher
resolution scores in VideoProc and HEVC. So far, I haven't gotten AppleDRM to work in BigSur.

For my machines with an Nvidia GT730, I'm still stuck in Catalina with iMac13,2 SMBIOS. I don't
know how to achieve GFX0 renaming as recommended by Toleda and experimented a little with
MacPro6,1 but couldn't figure out the GFX1, GFX2 loading/unloading in Apple's AGDP policies.
Great so i guess i will produce two config.plst for this type of scenario.

1. Config_HD4000 (self explanatory and with MacPro6,1)

2. Config_DGPU (for Dedicated GPU users and iMacPro1,1).

Can you link to that toleda suggestion/post/guide regarding to this ?
Im limited on time but i will take a look and attempt to help if there is something within my knowledge scope.

Great so i guess i will produce two config.plst for this type of scenario.

1. Config_HD4000 (self explanatory and with MacPro6,1)

2. Config_DGPU (for Dedicated GPU users and iMacPro1,1).

Can you link to that toleda suggestion/post/guide regarding to this ?
Im limited on time but i will take a look and attempt to help if there is something within my knowledge scope.
Its post #1 here

It gives one of the dGPU power management options, but tells us
to rename the MacPro6,1 dGPU as GFX2.

Your plan sounds great. I noticed that the Dortania guide says SSDT-USBX is necessary
for power management on the iMacPro1,1 and other listed machines and has a page
describing the need, and the latest Hackintool offers two options for iMP1,1, an SSDT-EC-USBX
and USB configured in SSDT files, or adding kUSB power properties in the USBPorts that it
generates for iMP1,1.

Finally got the Big Sur official release after many tries. I used the createinstallmedia method.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.27.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.27.25 PM.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back