[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R FB 2.0
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Ok thanks both.
I had just been using the terminal command in the beginning of this guide: "curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh"
didn't realize that needed to be updated or pointed to a new version.

Tim and Asural,

Thanks for supplying these SSDT files. Each can be opened with MaciASL and
saved as a DSL file, and you can use the terminal diff command to show the
differences between the text-based DSL files.

Like me, Asural is using a more recent version of SSDTPRgen.sh, version 17.0.
If you go to

you'll see that version 17.0 is the most recent release version, and I find it more
reliable. Tim, you're using an older version 15.6.

In addition, there's a difference in an address on line 521 between the two files
and two addresses on lines 527-528.

Finally, Asural's file is set up for "machdep.xcpm.mode....: 1" whereas Tim's
is set up for "machdep.xcpm.mode....: 0."

Tim, I would regenerate your file using version 17.0, and make sure you are
using the correct xcpm settings. I don't use Clover anymore, but I think your
relevant settings depend on whether you have "Generate" and/or "Plugintype"
set on your Clover Configurator "ACPI" page, and whether you have "KernelXCPM"
set on your Clover Configurator "Kernel and Kext Patches" page.

Could you delete your serial number from your config.plist, zip it up and post it?
Thanks for helping us to sort this out for other users.

Motherboard
HP 8300 - 3.08
CPU
i5-3470, i5-3570, i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560, RX 570, GT730
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Motherboard
HP 6300 SFF-V3.08
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra, SE/30
Tim and Asural,
The file created by starting Clover r5119 is different from the file created by starting Open Core 0.5.9, so I attach it for reference.

The created command is as follows.
Code:
cd ~/PRGen170
rm -r ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh -p i5-3570
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml ~/PRGen170/SSDT-PM.aml
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl ~/PRGen170/SSDT-PM.dsl

Attachments

Motherboard
HP 8300 - 3.08
CPU
Graphics
RX 560, RX 570, GT730
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
The file created by starting Clover r5119 is different from the file created by starting Open Core 0.5.9, so I attach it for reference.

The created command is as follows.
Code:
cd ~/PRGen170
rm -r ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh -p i5-3570
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml ~/PRGen170/SSDT-PM.aml
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl ~/PRGen170/SSDT-PM.dsl
The only difference I see is in the debug comments:

diff /Users/lisa/Downloads/Sample_i5_3570/Clover/SSDT-PM.dsl /Users/lisa/Downloads/Sample_i5_3570/OpenCore/SSDT-PM.dsl
40c40,41
< Store ("machdep.xcpm.mode....: 1", Debug)
---
> Store ("IvyWorkArounds.......: 3", Debug)
> Store ("machdep.xcpm.mode....: 0", Debug)

If you follow the Opencore guide for Ivy Bridge in Dortania, it advises one to set the Quirks
AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to Yes, based on the inability to disable CFG-Lock
in BIOS, and it advises to Delete the default ACPI tables, CpuPm and Cpu0Ist, for power management.

On the other hand, we have a number of different ways to handle the XCPM issues for power
management with the Clover guides. Some automatically Generate power management in ACPI
settings. Earlier guides recommended dropping the CpuPm and Cpu0Ist tables, but I think that
@trs96 and @Sniki no longer think this is necessary. Sniki's config.plist turns off Generate in
ACPI, and enables AppleIntelCPUPM as a kext patch.

I think that Clover adds some kext patches related to XCPM by default. On Clover's selection screen,
you can scroll to Clover options and see all that are set under Kext patches.

My best guess, Asural, is that ssdtPRGen is merely detecting your XCPM settings under Clover and
Opencore, and reporting it for debugging purposes. I don't see that it is changing your power
management frequency vectors or anything else in the files.

Motherboard
HP 6300 SFF-V3.08
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra, SE/30
My best guess, Asural, is that ssdtPRGen is merely detecting your XCPM settings under Clover and
Opencore, and reporting it for debugging purposes. I don't see that it is changing your power
management frequency vectors or anything else in the files.
Thanks for your feedback.
There is no particular problem, but in the case of Open Core, (main CPU0?)Core MAX is fixed to the maximum value.
It is a little hot as the processing speed improves and the exhaust heat increases at the same time.

On the other hand, we have a number of different ways to handle the XCPM issues for power
management with the Clover guides. Some automatically Generate power management in ACPI
settings. Earlier guides recommended dropping the CpuPm and Cpu0Ist tables, but I think that
@trs96 and @Sniki no longer think this is necessary. Sniki's config.plist turns off Generate in
ACPI, and enables AppleIntelCPUPM as a kext patch.
If you use VirtualSmc with Clover, it is not necessary to do Drop Table to enable X86PlatformPlugin (if you use FakeSMC, you need to enable Drop Table), but if you do not do Drop Table, CPU temperature monitoring To detect abnormal temperature.
Although the rotation of the CPU fan does not change, it is hot because the amount of exhaust heat increases.

It was the following state before doing Drop Table.
IPG2020-04-25 16.23.19.png

Currently, I am using FakeSMC3_with_plugins with Clover r5119 to monitor GPU heat.
IPG2020-07-30 13.35.41.png

Motherboard
HP 8300 - 3.08
CPU
Graphics
RX 560, RX 570, GT730
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Thanks for your feedback.
There is no particular problem, but in the case of Open Core, (main CPU0?)Core MAX is fixed to the maximum value.
It is a little hot as the processing speed improves and the exhaust heat increases at the same time.

If you use VirtualSmc with Clover, it is not necessary to do Drop Table to enable X86PlatformPlugin (if you use FakeSMC, you need to enable Drop Table), but if you do not do Drop Table, CPU temperature monitoring To detect abnormal temperature.
Although the rotation of the CPU fan does not change, it is hot because the amount of exhaust heat increases.

It was the following state before doing Drop Table.
View attachment 482261
Currently, I am using FakeSMC3_with_plugins with Clover r5119 to monitor GPU heat.
View attachment 482262
Asural,

I'm seeing a little different behavior than your posting of the i5-3570 PM under Opencore.
My (CPU0?) Core Max is not at a fixed value. It varies between 3.4 GHz and the turbo
frequency of 3.8 GHz. I also don't see the high spikes in temperature that you're showing.
Your first graph doesn't seem to show any turbo frequencies.

I looked for differences in our SSDTs. Mine includes the frequency vectors for CPUFriend,
and I'm using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with CPUFriend. Smaller differences include that yours
was generated while running Mojave, and mine was generated using 10.15.5. You were
also using the 2014 compiler, and I'm using MaciASL 1.5.7 and the 2016 compiler. The
ssdtPRGen frequencies from CorpNewt were exactly the same, but there were small differences
in 3 later lines. I'm also dropping the two ACPI tables.

Lisa

Attachments

Motherboard
HP 6300 SFF-V3.08
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra, SE/30
I'm seeing a little different behavior than your posting of the i5-3570 PM under Opencore.
My (CPU0?) Core Max is not at a fixed value. It varies between 3.4 GHz and the turbo
frequency of 3.8 GHz. I also don't see the high spikes in temperature that you're showing.
Your first graph doesn't seem to show any turbo frequencies.
Thank you, it will be helpful.
The image below is the result of observation with Open Core 0.5.9. (Mojave 10.14.6)

IPG_OC_2020-07-31 12.04.19.png

I looked for differences in our SSDTs. Mine includes the frequency vectors for CPUFriend,
and I'm using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with CPUFriend. Smaller differences include that yours
was generated while running Mojave, and mine was generated using 10.15.5. You were
also using the 2014 compiler, and I'm using MaciASL 1.5.7 and the 2016 compiler. The
ssdtPRGen frequencies from CorpNewt were exactly the same, but there were small differences
in 3 later lines. I'm also dropping the two ACPI tables.
The version of compiler (maybe iasl) seems to be created in 2014 when using PRGen170.
The resulting dsl file was recompiled with MaciASL 1.5.7 to 2020.
Maybe it will be 2016 when created with CPUFriend, but I'll try it later.

Thank you very much.