Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't boot I'm still stuck at boot with x86PlatformPlugin kext stalled, I guess it's because you gave me the link of the Catalina tutorial ?
I'm using Clover r5112 but I don't know what x86PlatformPlugin.kext does.
Please attach the EFI according to the Problem Reporting if installed according to the guide.

Core i5-3470 SSDT.aml can be created simply with the following command.
Code:
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh

I followed multiple tutorial for generating the right SSDT.aml file, but I can't find one that allow me to boot...

With the original SSDT-EC file, I'm getting decent geekbench score
You don't delete the SSDT-EC to use the SSDT.aml. Keep both of them in the patched folder.

Please attach the EFI according to the Problem Reporting if installed according to the guide.

Code:
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh
Yep so here is the EFI folder that does not boot

You don't delete the SSDT-EC to use the SSDT.aml. Keep both of them in the patched folder.
Yes I've done this.

Actually the only way I can boot is with SSDT-EC.aml ONLY.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
Was it possible to install with the attached EFI contents?
Actually I installed with this EFI contents just without ssdt.aml (so only with SSDT-EC.aml and it's working fine).

Last edited:

Code:
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh

According to Toleda, the presence of x86PlatformPlugin in IORegistryExplorer indicates
that Apple's XCPM power management is on.

See post #1:

I tried some experiments with an i5-3470 8300 configured as a MacMini6,1 in Opencore 0.5.7
with Nvidia GT 730 graphics.

Although I can see that XCPM is enabled, when I look at NVDA's AGPM listing in its framebuffer,
the Heuristic is not correct for Nvidia. I tried Toleda's dAGPM.kext, but it doesn't over-ride
the default setting. Does anyone have the graphics power managed properly for Nvidia with
Catalina as described by Toleda? It only seems to work for me with IMac13,2 without extras, or
iMacPro 1,1 with an extra dAGM.kext. I can't get it to work with MacMini SMBIOS.

Last edited:
According to Toleda, the presence of x86PlatformPlugin in IORegistryExplorer indicates
that Apple's XCPM power management is on.
I understand what the x86PlatformPlugin is, thank you very much.

I tried some experiements with an i5-3470 8300 configured as a MacMini6,1 in Opencore 0.5.7
with Nvidia GT 730 graphics.
I was wondering if I was testing SMBIOS = MacMini6.1 with i5-3570K.

Is dAGPM.kext attached here?

Does anyone have the graphics power managed properly for Nvidia withCatalina as described by Toleda?
Attach the result of IORegistryExplorer
I deleted it because there was a response from the other party.

I noticed that the USB drive is not recognized by Catalina, but I am leaving it because I am troubled with Majave.

Last edited:
I understand what the x86PlatformPlugin is, thank you very much.

I was wondering if I was testing SMBIOS = MacMini6.1 with i5-3570K.

Is dAGPM.kext attached here?

Attach the result of IORegistryExplorer

HP8300SFF i5-3470 PalitGT640 = Catalina,OpenCore 0.5.7
HP6300SFF i5-3570 ZotacGT640 = Mojave,Clover r5112

I noticed that the USB drive is not recognized by Catalina, but I am leaving it because I am troubled with Majave.

Toleda's post #1 cited above gives the basic dAGPM.kext and instructions for modifying it
for different machines.

I'm not sure what your IORegistry zips are showing, beyond that the discrete GPU power management
for Nvidia works with SMBIOS of iMac13,2.

The question I asked is whether it can be made to work with SMBIOS of MacMini6,1 (in my case, with
OpenCore 0.5.7, but am also curious about Nvidia power management with Clover and macOS 10.15.4+).

but am also curious about Nvidia power management with Clover and macOS 10.15.4+).

This specifies the CPU name.
Code:
~/PRGen170/ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -p i5-3470
Append: It was not possible to create with SMBIOS = MacMini6.1.

I would like to ask about power management in Catalina, including iMacPro1.1 etc.

Toleda's post #1 cited above gives the basic dAGPM.kext and instructions for modifying it
for different machines.
I'm using RX460 with HP8100CMT, so read it carefully.

Last edited:
The question I asked is whether it can be made to work with SMBIOS of MacMini6,1
The test with SMBIOS = MacMini6.1 failed.
We will report later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back