Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I use my elitedesk 8300 and everything works very well
Two days ago, my monitor broke and I bought this: LG ultrawide 25UM58, but I can't set it to more than 1080
I would like to have it at 2560 * 1600 which is the ideal for this monitor, but with the integrated HD 4000 graphics I think that it cannot reach that resolution.

What graphic card do you recommend buying? I find the cheap ace, because it is not for games or anything
Thanks a lot

I would like to have it at 2560 * 1600 which is the ideal for this monitor, but with the integrated HD 4000 graphics I think that it cannot reach that resolution.
Try this app and see if you can get that custom resolution.

thanks!!
I go to try now!!

thanks!!
I go to try now!!
Also make sure that the cable you use is capable of that 2560 x 1600 resolution too. Any 4K rated cable should work.

This screenshot is from an HP desktop with HD4000 graphics. 2560 x 1600 is an available resolution.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 10.05.21 AM.png

Last edited:
yes, now, i am using a cable : digital port TO hdmi

Line In (front): Connect headphones and tap to check input
Line In (Back): No response (It seems to have been broken originally)
Line Out (front): Connect headphones and check with iTunes
Line Out (back): Connect headphones and check with iTunes

I encountered a similar issue with the back LineIn jack. All audio devices were showing correctly except the rear line-in didn't work properly. I did see pop noise when inserting a microphone but couldn't record any sound. The front line-in worked just fine.

Then I found a solution by modifying the AppleALC. Anyone who has the same issue could try my attachment. If it does fix your issue, please feedback here. Thanks.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.5.0-RELEASE.zip
    1 MB · Views: 51
If it does fix your issue, please feedback here.
I don't have a minijack input device so I tested it with a HP8300SFF i5-3470 by hitting the headphones.
I confirmed the back voice input.
Unfortunately my HP8300CMT's rear microphone input seems to be broken as well.

There seems to be other problems like this with ALC221, so if you can understand it, please reflect the correction.

Thank you very much for using the HP8000.

Also make sure that the cable you use is capable of that 2560 x 1600 resolution too. Any 4K rated cable should work.

This screenshot is from an HP desktop with HD4000 graphics. 2560 x 1600 is an available resolution.

View attachment 469240

thanks
i am thinkings if my cable suport the 4k or maybe the max in this cable is 1920.
i want buy another cable and try again..... and, i think that this is my case....

I have a 710GT graphic card, will it work with Catalina, if so, how please?

Also can this method be used to create a dual boot (mac and windows) systems

Last edited:
I encountered a similar issue with the back LineIn jack. All audio devices were showing correctly except the rear line-in didn't work properly. I did see pop noise when inserting a microphone but couldn't record any sound. The front line-in worked just fine.

Then I found a solution by modifying the AppleALC. Anyone who has the same issue could try my attachment. If it does fix your issue, please feedback here. Thanks.

Did not work for me. No audio after using the provided AppleALC kext. I am using HP6300 10.15.4 with the builtin HD 4000. My CPU is 3770. I am using Macmini6,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back