Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain the fact that it works when there is the usb stick (used for installation) plugged ?
Differences in the config.plist between the USB installer and what's on your SSD's efi partion.

Differences in the config.plist between the USB installer and what's on your SSD's efi partion.
Ok maybe I could just try to copy paste it ?
How do you access the EFI partition of the HDD from the system ?

How do you access the EFI partition of the HDD ?

Ok I figured out that it was the config.plist.
Also when we create a custom SSDT.aml file, the original one is called SSDT-EC.aml, maybe it was also that.
So now I'm writing this message from Mojave and without USB stick plugged !
Thanks

Update:
I figured out it was SSDT.aml file created with ssdtPRGen.sh. I can't use it, I need to use the one from the installation.
I tried the script with both -w 2 and -w 3 but it does not work.
I guess it's Ok to keep the one from the installation but I can have some power issue right ?

Here is my EFI/Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I guess it's Ok to keep the one from the installation but I can have some power issue right ?
See below for how to create and use SSDT.aml.
I am interested in what happens without SSDT.aml, so please report it.

Just stopping to say, thanks! Works great for me!

HP Compaq Elite 8300 - SFF - Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz - NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1023 MB

Actually the Mac is running well, sometimes a little bit slow witout any CPU/RAM burned...
So I'm gonna follow the instructions you gave me, Thanks !

So I just break the build I've made by following the steps...
I can't boot I'm still stuck at boot with x86PlatformPlugin kext stalled, I guess it's because you gave me the link of the Catalina tutorial ?
I followed multiple tutorial for generating the right SSDT.aml file, but I can't find one that allow me to boot...

With the original SSDT-EC file, I'm getting decent geekbench score (~750 Single core, and ~2400 for multi-core)

Last edited:
Just stopping to say, thanks! Works great for me!
In case of HP8300 / 6300, if SMBOIS = iMac13.2 or MacMini6.2 (maybe also 6.1) is set, there should be no problem in operation even without SSDT.aml.

I wonder if SSDT.aml exists just to make Intel Power Gadget display properly.
It is recommended to use without SSDT.aml rather than creating it and causing problems.

I used Unibeast for almost 4 years without SSDT.aml before using Sniki's guide.
SSDT.aml is not enough for better CPU power management and I am currently investigating and verifying it.

If the CPU fan is spinning too fast, it is better to inspect and clean the area around the fan (it will be quieter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back