Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - but I do have an interesting development: I decided to upgrade it to Catalina and the crashes have stopped so far. The game has run longer than it has hitherto so far and not only is it stable, it's also performing a bit better graphically.

UPDATE: Unfortunately this happened again. It worked a lot longer this time, but after about 2 hours it occurred again where the screens went grey/white.

You seem to be describing a situation where you run the graphics and maybe CPU at high throttle
for long periods of time and then see a graphics failure. You should probably make sure you've
implemented power management properly, and the temperature of your GPU and CPU stay in a
reasonable range. Are you using VirtualSMC? SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, and hwmontior2
will probably help montior your temps for you. You may need to use ssdtPRGen to generate
better power control for your CPU, and @toleda discusses Native Discrete GPU power management:

could any one share his working EFI folder for Catalina with GT 710 and i7 processor 3770.
OS is installed but display showing 5MB instead 2GB.
Works best if you would zip up your Clover folder (remove serials from the .plist) and then we can look at it to see why your graphics aren't working.

Works best if you would zip up your Clover folder (remove serials from the .plist) and then we can look at it to see why your graphics aren't working.

Dear trs96,

graphics problem is solved by removing inject nvidia

now only thing is sound, which is not working.

efi folder is attached to have a look

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 63
Dear trs96,

graphics problem is solved by removing inject nvidia

now only thing is sound, which is not working.

efi folder is attached to have a look
Use the attached config.plist. Delete your existing one first or back it up if you want. Not sure why you didn't use the HD4000 one from the start. You'll have to also select iMac 13,2 again in Clover Configurator. Generate new serials or copy paste your old ones if you want to.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 53
Hello everybody,

I recently bought an HP Elite 8300 SFF (with i5-3470, so an Intel HD 2500). My GPU (GT710) is on it's way. But I tried multiple times to install Mac OS Mojave with this guide and when I use the config_HD2500.plist file it has a kernel panic error when I boot (1st time) on the USB key and it boot again and again.

If I use the config_HD4000.plist I can run the installation but just get a black screen with the pointer when I boot. This is ok because I know macOS does not support HD 2500, but I don't really understand why I can't run the installation from my USB key when I use the HD2500 plist file.

Should I wait my GPU and install with the HD4000 plist file ?
Or is there another issue with the HD2500.plist file ?

Also, here is a picture of the verbose output of clover when I boot the USB :

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_122228.jpg
    IMG_20200421_122228.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Should I wait my GPU and install with the HD4000 plist file ?
Wait for the GPU. Even if you can install with the HD4000 plist you won't get graphics acceleration so what's the point ?

Wait for the GPU. Even if you can install with the HD4000 plist you won't get graphics acceleration so what's the point ?

My question was more about :
When I get the GPU should I still use the HD2500 plist file or should I use the HD4000 plist file ?

Also what does graphics acceleration really means ? Can I just boot and see the desktop or does mac OS use graphics acceleration for the whole UI ?

When I get the GPU should I still use the HD2500 plist file or should I use the HD4000 plist file ?
Obviously use HD2500 if that's what your CPU has.
what does graphics acceleration really mean ?
In the simplest terms, fully working graphics. You could also say usable graphics.

Obviously use HD2500 if that's what your CPU has.
OK But I guess the kernel panic I have will still happen ? or is it direclty linked with the fact that I do not have a GPU ?

In the simplest terms, fully working graphics. You could also say usable graphics.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back