Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day!
I try to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on xps 9560, but don't reach the installer with error:
>launchhd[1](com.apple.WindowsServer.551) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
>launchhd[1](com.apple.WindowsServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
I think, the thing is in the discrete GPU (GTX1050) What should I to do? How Can I to disable it? Thank you!

Good day!
I try to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on xps 9560, but don't reach the installer with error:
>launchhd[1](com.apple.WindowsServer.551) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
>launchhd[1](com.apple.WindowsServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
I think, the thing is in the discrete GPU (GTX1050) What should I to do? How Can I to disable it? Thank you!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Many known problems with APFS with TRIM enabled. NVMe implies TRIM, not possible to disable it.
The 10.13.4. converted the NVMe volume to APFS again. The issues came back (laggy, unresponsive, etc.) so I had to repeat the backup/recovery procedure one more time.

Is it absolutely impossible to get the discrete Nvidia card running? I'm thinking of getting one of these when they release it with Cannon Lake or possibly Ice lake. Might be the last gen to be hackable considering ARM rumours...

I'm having issues with the NVMe drive. It simply does not run as it should. When benchmarking with AJA the first run is fine but with second and third run the system performance degrades so much it cannot even play the system sounds correctly.

is it possible to dual boot windows with this build?

Yes it works fine here. Windows on the NVMe and MacOS on the internal SSD drive. You need to purchase an additional cable for that though.
could you elaborate? why can't I create another paritition and dual boot windows from there?

I didn't go the second HDD route and i'm having problems installing windows (usb installer not getting picked up). Is this due to a bios setting used when installing OSX?

could you elaborate? why can't I create another paritition and dual boot windows from there?

I didn't go the second HDD route and i'm having problems installing windows (usb installer not getting picked up). Is this due to a bios setting used when installing OSX?

You probably created your Windows USB installer incorrectly.
Make sure you use the Microsoft tool for creating the USB (not Rufus).
Or you can create a FAT32 USB, copy ISO image to it (that's how simple UEFI Windows installer is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back