Contribute
Register
Motherboard
Aaeon IMBM-Q170A
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi, I just got my hackintosh big sur full installation and a couple of things are working fine, but the hardware acceleration is not working and I don't really know why, I did all what I should have done following the dortania's guide for opencore and some other things that I found looking through the internet, like:

Change SMBIOS to (iMac17,1 and iMacPro1,1).
Putting shikigva=40 as a boot argument.
The correct device property in order to use my DGPU.

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 2.44.37 PM.png

But nothing helped at all, I still not getting hardware acceleration. I checked it in videoproc and hacktool:

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 2.53.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 2.57.31 PM.png

Pls if someone can help me I'll be more than happy, thanks

Please install nvidia web drivers

The Nvidia GTX 770 is natively supported in macOS Big Sur, this is the last version of macOS where the Kepler series is supported. You don’t need the Nvidia Web Drivers for this Kepler series GPU.

All you need is WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) in your OC setup. You should not have any boot arg or other Kexts instead in your setup for your Nvidia or Intel GPU.

The shikigva boot argument doesn’t work in recent versions of macOS, i.e. Big Sur and newer. It was deprecated by the Acidanthera team with the final version of Catalina. See the list of viable boot arguments or DeviceProperties that can be used with WEG.

Also this page regarding DRM.

The Headless/Empty Framebuffer shown is correct for your Skylake HD530 IGPU, if you are using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

It should be removed from the config.plist and the IGPU should be disabled in the Bios, if you are using the iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.

macOS does not support Nvidia's NVEnc/NVDec for hardware-based video transcoding but the GPU can be used for rendering 3D effects. As @Edhawk mentioned, you'll need to set up a Headless configuration and use HD-530 IGPU for video transcoding purpose.

Thanks for the answers! but I was not able to get the HA with my GTX770, I got a new card which it is the AMD RX 5700 XT and I have the HA working.
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 7.54.21 AM.png

Back