CPU
Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
If you are particularly cautious you should log out of all services but in my experience it still works if you don't.
All Answers I was hoping For! OK time to get to work on this then Lol

and thanks again P1LGRIM for helping me, Looking around the Forum and all the Help you give out, Your a Asset To this Forum!!! Many Thanks.

CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz × 4
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)
Smooth sail!

Surprisingly, I have followed the guide and from my previous attempt, the only thing I have changed is ticking that Trust beside mobile.

But the configuration has never worked since Sierra, and this on Mojave looks ok.
(I won't tell anyone I followed an idiots guide )
thanks again @P1LGRIM,

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This may be a silly question...but I just finished my very first Hackintosh (using Mojave), and iMessage just magically worked out of the box with no intervention from me (like 99% of the rest of the build- it was actually scarily easy!).

Should I be concerned about possibly reusing a serial number? Should I go through this iMessage setup guide anyway?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This may be a silly question...but I just finished my very first Hackintosh (using Mojave), and iMessage just magically worked out of the box with no intervention from me (like 99% of the rest of the build- it was actually scarily easy!).

Should I be concerned about possibly reusing a serial number? Should I go through this iMessage setup guide anyway?
If it works leave well alone, if it stops working come back and do the guide.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
If it works leave well alone, if it stops working come back and do the guide.
Thanks! I thought as much and felt silly for asking, but since this is my first time through I wanted to be sure!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-2700k
Graphics
AMD Radeon 6850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Did not work for me. Mac Reboots itself now after 2 minutes back on the desktop. I suspect it had to do with a messed up Clover Configurator. It did not have any SmUUID in there when I followed the guide so I went back and followed the redacted steps for generating one in terminal, pasted it in (still no Generate New button under SmUUID field) and voila! I now have a broken hackintosh on reboot. No clue how to get around it but to reinstall the whole thing.

Clover Configurator is now able to generate SmUUID numbers for you :

Click the Generate New button as many times as you like until you have an SmUUID number that meets with your approval.

In Clover Configurator select File - Save
Quit Clover Configurator.

Restart

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z170X UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks a lot. Worked flawlessly for 'App is damaged' problem.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad E470
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
This is a great Job!!! Work fine!!!

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks very much for this detailed guide - I really appreciate it.

I've got my Messages working again (new High Sierra dual boot build here), but I already had it working with this guide yesterday too...wasn't working this AM and had to start from scratch.

All I'd done overnight is work on my Windows install (on it's own drive, with it's own EFI on that drive)...

Is there any chance something about my Windows side somehow screwed something up with iMessage when switching between each OS?

Thanks for any thoughts or insights anyone might have from their own wanderings here.
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'd at least like to ask if there's any positive, or unknown benefit to following the guide and reworking iMessage? I too am a 1st time Hacker, and iMessage for the most part works (although for some iPhone contacts, the outgoing message is SMS, which fails). I can connect to the App store, as well as login to iCloud; no apparent issues have been noticed with those functions. I use my Macbook and/or iPhone for email and texting, and don't need another device to manage those functions. Continuity and handoff, I have not seen a need for this yet. iCloud provides the best means to share data across devices, which is the main benefit to date. Part of me would like a 100% fully functional build, but I cringe at seeing some users fail while attempting the guide, only to end up with a now non-working build that they have to resurrect. If iMessage is not fully functional as in my case, might that hinder me in applying future upgrades to the MacOS? My build's Serial Number is already in use, is that a problem? And the SMBIOS info (BIOS, Chassis, Board, Firmware & System) lacks info, except for the Product Model (iMac 14,2) which was assigned by Clover during initial install. Not sure my hardware components will provide a better Product Category. Is there a need for this missing info, other than to remedy iMessage? Still learning all things Hackintosh. Any tidbits of wisdom would be appreciated. Oh, and the Guide is well written for novices like myself.

Thanks in advance!
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.