Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Thanks a lot. Worked flawlessly for 'App is damaged' problem.

This is a great Job!!! Work fine!!!

Thanks very much for this detailed guide - I really appreciate it.

I've got my Messages working again (new High Sierra dual boot build here), but I already had it working with this guide yesterday too...wasn't working this AM and had to start from scratch.

All I'd done overnight is work on my Windows install (on it's own drive, with it's own EFI on that drive)...

Is there any chance something about my Windows side somehow screwed something up with iMessage when switching between each OS?

Thanks for any thoughts or insights anyone might have from their own wanderings here.
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

I'd at least like to ask if there's any positive, or unknown benefit to following the guide and reworking iMessage? I too am a 1st time Hacker, and iMessage for the most part works (although for some iPhone contacts, the outgoing message is SMS, which fails). I can connect to the App store, as well as login to iCloud; no apparent issues have been noticed with those functions. I use my Macbook and/or iPhone for email and texting, and don't need another device to manage those functions. Continuity and handoff, I have not seen a need for this yet. iCloud provides the best means to share data across devices, which is the main benefit to date. Part of me would like a 100% fully functional build, but I cringe at seeing some users fail while attempting the guide, only to end up with a now non-working build that they have to resurrect. If iMessage is not fully functional as in my case, might that hinder me in applying future upgrades to the MacOS? My build's Serial Number is already in use, is that a problem? And the SMBIOS info (BIOS, Chassis, Board, Firmware & System) lacks info, except for the Product Model (iMac 14,2) which was assigned by Clover during initial install. Not sure my hardware components will provide a better Product Category. Is there a need for this missing info, other than to remedy iMessage? Still learning all things Hackintosh. Any tidbits of wisdom would be appreciated. Oh, and the Guide is well written for novices like myself.

Thanks in advance!
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

HI to all
I can not active iMessages in Mojave 10.14.3. Machine is Asrock Z77 extreme 4 / i5-3750K.
Onboard LAN is Broadcom BCM57781. I use fake pci to lunch. Wen I use iMessageDebugv show in ROM : ffffffffff.
So in Clover everything is perfect IN . I use SMBIOS 14.2. ROM dropdown list select UseMacAddr0
and I not success. So I buy new LAN RTL8111E. I disable onboard Lan. but still same problem, Debug say : ROM : ffffffffff.
I start to check NVram .. SO I reinstall clover boot loader. I dellete EmuVariableUefi-64. Just installing RC scripts. After that make one test to see nvram work or not.. So
in terminal I write
sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld
restart
after boot
sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'
and system show me
HelloWorld.
that's meen NVRAM are work fine without EmuVariableUefi-64.
but still debug script show ROM : fffffffffff
I try to add manual ROM from my LAN MAC address.
after reboot system show ROM, that one who I add in Clover ROM dropdown list.
but again can not activate iMessages.
Si I try format partition.. New install clear 10.14.3. and again same thing.
After that I change smbios to MacPro 6.1 and again same problem.
Somewhere I read I should add AptioInputFix-64.efi in clover - UEFI.
So Again I format SSD . New installation . new SMBIOS but again if I use ROM dropdown list select UseMacAddr0.
debug show ROM : ffffffffff
here is my config if someone can plere reply.
The Guide said:

Seriously! how did everybody got theirs to work!. i follow it thoroughly and still nothing.. activation error every time!.

I have a dell XPS 8700.
The Guide said:

@P1LGRIM cant verify any of iMac 19,1 serial on everymac.com?

I got the reverse problem, my MacBook Pro 2010 can no longer sign in to iMessages ever since I built my hackintosh, this hackintosh signing into iMessage and I been using it no drama. Tried logging out of it on the hack, shutdown try to sign in on the MBP, nothing. Serial number on MBP still fine, reset NVRAM and everything else suggested. I never had iCloud so no need go there. Dunno, I generated a serial for the hack in Clover, it isn't the same as my MBP. Who knows what's goin on?

The Guide said:

Thanks for the guide, @P1LGRIM ! I was actually able to log into Messages immediately after my initial Clover configuration (before finding this thread), but could only send messages to other Macs (probably an issue relaying SMS to my iPhone). All fixed now, after going through the guide.

Hello P1LGRIM
I have read through the guide many times and am still left confused if I should be connected to the internet or not during this process. I have just copied your text above and highlighted in purple any commands that might suggest I am either currently connected or disconnected to the internet during this process. (I eliminated most of the text between the starred areas to save space) If I remember correctly, it was stated to be disconnected during this process, but some of the commands make me think maybe I am remembering incorrectly. If I overlooked anything, please excuse me and just point me in the right direction.

Please do not take any offense to this, I am a nooby and just trying to understand as best as possible. I think this is a great detailed guide.

Thanks, Thaigyver

For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Back