Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
I mean the evidence is pretty obvious, people were using bad roms, a lot of them using all 0s or other reused or badly inputed roms, with zero issues, until last month. Last month, apple finally started enforcing the rom be unique.

Prior to that, it seemed to only matter to have good board ID, hardware uuid, system uuid, and serial. the rom just didn't matter (other than making sure it persisted, so the nvram hash didn't change).

Now the rom matters too.. Simple as that. But as I said, it's not apples fault that users had bad roms, it's users. However, any change to security that increases enforcement on apples end still involves apple. Cause, and a effect. A change was made, it affected users, users adjusted, problem solved.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9350 - BIOS 1.7
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD 520, 3200 x 1800
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Guide as is still worked for my Dell XPS 13 - 9350- Catalina build today. So thanks again @P!LGRIM

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Dell
CPU
i5-4300u
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thought I'd post my experience on this. New to hackintosh, followed this to the tee, but I kept getting that code issue. I don't understand why some people don't have this problem, but I did. Anyhow, I rang Apple for support and it took three technicians to get to where they would allow access to my account. I'm assuming it means the code couldn't be found with known serials and that it is whitelisted on my Apple ID. What is interesting is I did this on a Friday and it wasn't until Tuesday that it started working. The troubleshooting they wanted me to do was ridiculous.

Apple: "Upgrade to Catalina"
Me: "uh, I don't know how to that, it's beyond my area of expertise"
Apple: "Create a new user and try that"
Me: Long pause. "Didn't work"
Apple: "Try signing into another device"
Me: "Yeah, works on my other MacBook and iPhone"
Apple: "Let me escalate"

In the end, it eventually worked. Even with a screenshot of my unknown serial. Just play dumb and follow their script. Wasted an hour and a half of my life. LOL.

Motherboard
AsusTek Z10PE-D16-WS
CPU
2x E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Centris, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Finally got it working using this thread!! Thanks.
All was fine except my Ethernet was not “Built in” for a change.
Unchecked FixLAN in CloverCfg, killed connections and started again. en0 built in, didn’t get chance to log into iMessage, it just did it on boot. Sweeeeet. Thanks again.