i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520 + AMD, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So sad though I follow the guide, but can't get iMessage to work.:banghead:

Doesn't work. Once I try to login, it sends me 2FA to all other (original) devices and then says I need to contact tech support.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same here. Followed it all and still shows a message asking me to contact Apple's support.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey! And thanks a lot for making these very clear instructions! Despite the awesomeness I have two questions regarding them:

Does this mean that you need to have a connection to the internet or is ethernet connection to LAN sufficient?

This is really the most important thing i'm wondering about: Does the network connection initially used to setup iMessage need to be the above mentioned ethernet connection (built-in en0) or can i use another connection to set it up (wifi card or usb tethering via horndis)?

Just to explain why i'm asking this is that i've just installed Sierra on an HP Elite 8300 desktop and followed your instructions making sure the ethernet connection is detected as en0 built-in. Now, i've done all this with the ethernet cable connected to a lan router (to get the required ethernet connection), but i don't have an ethernet connection to the internet and i'm going to get a wifi card to connect to the interwebz.
I suspect many people nowadays are in a similar situation in not having an ethernet connection to the internet and for that reason i think this clarification would be beneficial for the instructions!

Cheers

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
"Open System Preferences - iCloud : Click Sign Out"
I can't see a way to do that in Catalina.
At the top of the System Preferences is Apple ID and Family Sharing.
There no longer appears to be a log out of iCloud option

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There no longer appears to be a log out of iCloud option
That's correct, many things have changed since the guide was written more than three years ago but a few moments with Google would provide you with the answer :

Click on  > System Preferences. Click on Apple ID ( iCloud icon as an option is no longer available in macOS Catalina) Click on Overview on the left panel. Click on 'Signout' at the bottom to log out of your Apple ID and iCloud.

I have added this information to the guide.