Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

thank you very much for the guide. it is very well detailed and the steps are well explained. and there are many useful tips that I did not know before.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell ORYP79
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD 530
It works very well, seems difficult but actually easy to do, and I am using thinkpad X220 with macos 10.12.6, thinks!!!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks to this guide I managed to get iMessage working without an issue. Thanks for the very clear description on the serial code part especially (verified on 1, not verified on apple site), otherwise I'd never have gotten it.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I backed up my High Sierra drive successfully getting ready to update to Mojave, and swapped out my 1050ti for a Radeon Pulse 580. I decided to put the drive on my SATA bus in order to have both bootable OSs. I used a bad cable and fried the SSD with the backup. With perfect Murphy's Law, my main drive is now a corrupted APFS partition due to an incomplete shutdown on the subsequent reboot. Although, I had native support for graphics and HDMI audio exactly one time. When it rains, it pours. I know I'm going to have to do a fresh install of Mojave on the corrupt drive, but my question is, can I used the same SMBIOS and associated settings to get iMessage to work on a fresh install? It was working perfectly before. I have a copy of my entire Clover directory with config.plist backed up via iCloud on my MacBook. This is always the part that is hardest for me to get working.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Z77x-UP5TH
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Followed your guide and got it working, however, it would always say that the phone number is not registered with iMessage whenever I'd try to send. Receiving didn't work either. The only thing that I changed between your tutorial and the huge how to fix imessage tutorial was the MLB and ROM values. Once those were in, it all worked as it should. Just a heads-up.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The only thing that I changed between your tutorial and the huge how to fix imessage tutorial was the MLB and ROM values. Once those were in, it all worked as it should.
The Guide said:
From the ROM dropdown list select UseMacAddr0
The ROM value should be the MAC address of your Ethernet interface.

The Guide said:
Click the Generate New button several times to generate a Serial Number and Board Serial Number.
MLB (Main Logic Board) and Board Serial Number are the same thing.
The MLB value in Rt Variables should be unpopulated - Clover will use the value from Board Serial Number.
Clover Configurator includes the facility to generate Board Serial Numbers in the correct format.

Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello All,
I've had my Hack Working Perfect, Everything Works iMessage, Facetime Ect.. Thanks to this Guide
and have been on High Sierra. I have pretty much the same question above in Post 535 and P1LGRIM
answer in Post 536.

So before I break anything just want to double check with you guys:

Question 1:
Being on High Sierra now if I save All the Info in Clover SMBios the working UUID Ect, Then if I Wipe my Drive and do a New Fresh Install of Mojave, once up and running if I Re Bring my Working High Sierra Clover SMBios Info back in
I should Be Good with iMessage and All? I wouldn't have to Re Do this whole guide over for Mojave??

Question 2:
Same as above but if I changed 1 piece of hardware, like going over to a bigger SSD Drive, doing a Full new Mojave Install on the Bigger Drive, Re Bring back in my Working SMBios From High Sierra, will I be ok with iMessage or by using a different drive break anything like UUID ect ?????

Question 3: Again Full Working High Sierra, system has 8gig Ram. If I Drop another 8gig in to make a total of 16g will this break anything from within this guide??

Last Question:
With Everything working, If I'm going to be Wiping the Drive, Before I Shut down High Sierra should I log out of iCloud and iMessage First then Shut Down then do my Wipe, Or is it OK to stay logged In do a shutdown, Wipe the Drive, Do my new Install then go from there. Just not sure if I should Log out iCloud and iMessage before doing all this, or just shut it down and do my thing.

Thank You in advance !!
GREAT Forum !! and this Guide was a Life Saver!!!