Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Airdrop Ok - Handoff Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Edhawk @UtterDisbelief @Feartech

Guys, I' sorry to bother you again, but I went back into Windows/USBMapTool and painstakingly recreated my UTBMap.kext. I deactivated many 2.0 ports to get the number down to 15. The picture below is of the final configuration before I generated the kext. Ports 2&18, 13&14 were the only ones that were already lit up before I plugged anything in, so I assumed them all to be internal.

Rebooted, made the changes to the EFI folder, rebooted again, and still no Bluetooth — still reading as "null" in the System Report. Redacted EFI posted. If you're not tired of me yet, I would appreciate any additional guidance you can offer. Thanks.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 1.21.52 PM.png

IMG_1678.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 29
@Edhawk @UtterDisbelief @Feartech

Guys, I' sorry to bother you again, but I went back into Windows/USBMapTool and painstakingly recreated my UTBMap.kext. I deactivated many 2.0 ports to get the number down to 15. The picture below is of the final configuration before I generated the kext. Ports 2&18, 13&14 were the only ones that were already lit up before I plugged anything in, so I assumed them all to be internal.

Rebooted, made the changes to the EFI folder, rebooted again, and still no Bluetooth — still reading as "null" in the System Report. Redacted EFI posted. If you're not tired of me yet, I would appreciate any additional guidance you can offer. Thanks.

View attachment 559475
View attachment 559476
i have never used that Utmap thing before

open hackintool, go to usb section and take a screenshot of that window to upload

i have never used that Utmap thing before

open hackintool, go to usb section and take a screenshot of that window to upload
As requested.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 2.00.58 PM.png

HS01 and SS01 both set as internal?

why are there 16 ports showing?

HS02 set as type c but SS02 set as USB3?

same as HS04 and SS04....

would assume HS05 would be set as usb3 along with SS05

normally they are paired ie for example, HS01 and SS01 would both be set as USB3 etc

HS01 and SS01 both set as internal?

why are there 16 ports showing?

HS02 set as type c but SS02 set as USB3?

same as HS04 and SS04....

would assume HS05 would be set as usb3 along with SS05

normally they are paired ie for example, HS01 and SS01 would both be set as USB3 etc
I'm baffled as to why 16 ports are showing. I went back and checked the content of the UTBMap.kext, and there are only 15 ports mapped (and it says 15/26 on the top of the Windows screen grab I posted above).

The USBMapTool also didn't reveal HS or SS designations. I identified the ports by plugging in a 2.0 thumb drive and a 3.0 thumb drive and writing down which ports lit up. Based on those findings, I assigned the port type in the map tool.

I turned off binding in USBMapTool so I could turn off 2.0 ports without turning off their companion 3.0 ports, and that looked fine in the screenshot above, and bears out with what I've got plugged into those ports now. The below screen grab is of Hackintool with all external USB ports having something plugged into them.

Maybe Windows reads the ports differently than MacOS? If that's the case, then using USBMapTool in Windows is doing me no good. :(

IMG_1679.JPG

I'm baffled as to why 16 ports are showing. I went back and checked the content of the UTBMap.kext, and there are only 15 ports mapped (and it says 15/26 on the top of the Windows screen grab I posted above).

The USBMapTool also didn't reveal HS or SS designations. I identified the ports by plugging in a 2.0 thumb drive and a 3.0 thumb drive and writing down which ports lit up. Based on those findings, I assigned the port type in the map tool.

I turned off binding in USBMapTool so I could turn off 2.0 ports without turning off their companion 3.0 ports, and that looked fine in the screenshot above, and bears out with what I've got plugged into those ports now. The below screen grab is of Hackintool with all external USB ports having something plugged into them.

Maybe Windows reads the ports differently than MacOS? If that's the case, then using USBMapTool in Windows is doing me no good. :(

View attachment 559479

Yes, that does look very odd - 2x SS01 ports for example.

I've gone back to my own Z490i Aorus Ultra build thread to check the USB configuration I had and it looks nothing like the above.

Some examples:

1) HS01 is a Type-C port, not an Internal one or a hub.

2) HS13 is the Internal RGB Header

3) HS14 is the Internal Bluetooth Header. Now this can be different as you've swapped to Broadcom from Intel but if it is in the same slot the result would be the same.

It's not gospel by any means, but if you haven't already you might want to check out the EFIs. There are several throughout the thread from High Sierra to Monterey.

Relevant interest might be the USBPorts.kext. I may not have chosen the same ports as you, but what I have are accurate. IMPORTANT: I used an iMac18,3 system-definition and the USBPorts.kext will not work with any other, unless it is modified first.

I don't mix-n-match configuration processes and only ever use Hackintool.

:)

Yes, that does look very odd - 2x SS01 ports for example.

I've gone back to my own Z490i Aorus Ultra build thread to check the USB configuration I had and it looks nothing like the above.

Some examples:

1) HS01 is a Type-C port, not an Internal one or a hub.

2) HS13 is the Internal RGB Header

3) HS14 is the Internal Bluetooth Header. Now this can be different as you've swapped to Broadcom from Intel but if it is in the same slot the result would be the same.

It's not gospel by any means, but if you haven't already you might want to check out the EFIs. There are several throughout the thread from High Sierra to Monterey.

Relevant interest might be the USBPorts.kext. I may not have chosen the same ports as you, but what I have are accurate. IMPORTANT: I used an iMac18,3 system-definition and the USBPorts.kext will not work with any other, unless it is modified first.

I don't mix-n-match configuration processes and only ever use Hackintool.

:)
Thanks. I thought I was a genius when I figured out how to map the ports in Windows. Sigh. I have found a Mac tool called corpnewt/USB Map that is not dependent on USBInjectAll.kext. I'm out of time right now, but I'm going to try mapping in that next, because it DOES show the HS and SS designations, which will hopefully make this — if not easier — easier to follow/match up to Hackintool.

View attachment 559479
I am also baffled why you are using:

USBPorts.kext
USBToolBox.kext
UTBMap.kext

should only need USBPorts.kext

I am also baffled why you are using:

USBPorts.kext
USBToolBox.kext
UTBMap.kext

should only need USBPorts.kext
Not sure how I missed that!