Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Airdrop Ok - Handoff Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I use one of those adapters in my iMac mid-2010 27” system.

Did you follow the MR upgrade guide?
Did you originally have 4 x aerial connectors or did you have to add one for the card?
Did you have to solder any cable connectors so they work with the existing BT connector?

Can you check all the cables and especially the BT connection to the logic board is correct..

1 - Did you follow the MR upgrade guide?
2 - Did you have to solder any cable connectors so they work with the existing BT connector?

3 - Can you check all the cables and especially the BT connection to the logic board is correct..
1- I don't know this guide ?
2- Yes
3- My bluetooth work fine (AirPods, magic mouse...) i have no problem, and Airdrop work very well

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-02-09 à 18.43.58.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-09 à 18.43.58.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 83
Can you try enabling the following in your OC config.plist:

Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags

This is a feature built in to OpenCore to enable BT Continuity, used in place of the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext

You will need to mount the EFI partition where you have installed OpenCore. Open the config.plist with ProperTree or Xcode and change the setting from False to True.

Can you try enabling the following in your OC config.plist:

Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags

This is a feature built in to OpenCore to enable BT Continuity, used in place of the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext

You will need to mount the EFI partition where you have installed OpenCore. Open the config.plist with ProperTree or Xcode and change the setting from False to True.

I downloaded Opencore Configurator
I downloaded ProperTree
I mounted the correct EFI partition
I open config.plist with ProperTree
I set the parameter as shown before
After a reboot of the Mac I checked again that Handoff was activated on the 2 devices but it does not work yet, but I feel that we are getting closer :)

Then I wanted to go further and modify the Mac-F2218EC8 file but it is protected. I can't completely disable SIP

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 09.59.19.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 09.59.19.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 10.11.30.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 10.11.30.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
There is an option to set/disable SIP in the config.plist:
  • NVRAM > Add 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config.
This is usually set as 00000000, so SIP is fully enabled.

To set it as disabled you need to change the csr-active-config entry to FF0F0000 for Big Sur, probably the same for Monterey.

When using OpenCore to disable SIP you must then make sure the csr-active-config enrt is included in the NVRAM > Delete section. Would look like this:
  • NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
See this section of the OC guide - # Disable SIP

As you are using a real Mac you may need to clear the SMC and PRAM chips before the next boot after changing the SIP setting. Resetting the NVRAM in OpenCore might also be advisable.

As you are using a real Mac you may need to clear the SMC and PRAM chips before the next boot after changing the SIP setting. Resetting the NVRAM in OpenCore might also be advisable.

How to reset SMC and PRAM and NVRAM ?
Is it a manipulation in Opencore ? Or is it the keys to hold while booting (commande-option-p-r)?
--
Here is my modification in attached copy, could you tell me if it is ok for you ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 17.00.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-10 à 17.00.25.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The screen shot you posted looks fine regarding the csr-active-config entry.

On a real Mac like yours it is a case of holding the keys while booting, Command+Option+P&R when wanting to clear the SMC and PRAM chips.

Then there is the OpenCore ResetNvram, which can be accomplished by selecting the ResetNvram Option from the OC boot screen. That is assuming the ResetNvram.efi tool was including in your /OC/Tools folder with a corresponding entry to enable the tool in your config.plist.

The Auxiliary items on the OC boot screen may be hidden, press the 'Spacebar' while on the OC boot screen to unhide the icons. You should be able to select the ResetNvram tool, of the ClearNvram tool. With the later you need to make sure you reboot your system, before you boot in to macOS otherwise the Nvram may not be reset/cleared.

Hi,

After reboot SIP was disable but impossible to change SystemParameters.plist because it was locked

I make a reset NVRAM ;)

ARG

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-02-11 à 09.45.27.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-11 à 09.45.27.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Capture d’écran 2022-02-11 à 09.47.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-11 à 09.47.11.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.