Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Airdrop Ok - Handoff Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly caused by the way Apple lock the current Snapshot of macOS.

I think there is a way around this but I can’t recall the process. Something along the lines of creating a new snapshot that you edit and then force the system to use when you next reboot the system. I have never used this option, so I am not sure of the exact process required.

Hi,

After reboot SIP was disable but impossible to change SystemParameters.plist because it was locked

I make a reset NVRAM ;)

ARG

Possibly caused by the way Apple lock the current Snapshot of macOS.

I think there is a way around this but I can’t recall the process. Something along the lines of creating a new snapshot that you edit and then force the system to use when you next reboot the system. I have never used this option, so I am not sure of the exact process required.
there may be a way:
never tried this as haven't felt the need

Question
There is an option to set/disable SIP in the config.plist:
  • NVRAM > Add 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config.
This is usually set as 00000000, so SIP is fully enabled.

To set it as disabled you need to change the csr-active-config entry to FF0F0000 for Big Sur, probably the same for Monterey.

When using OpenCore to disable SIP you must then make sure the csr-active-config enrt is included in the NVRAM > Delete section. Would look like this:
  • NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
See this section of the OC guide - # Disable SIP

As you are using a real Mac you may need to clear the SMC and PRAM chips before the next boot after changing the SIP setting. Resetting the NVRAM in OpenCore might also be advisable.
Once Continuity works, do I reenable SIP?

@Edhawk @Feartech

Greetings, all. I am having the same issue. AirDrop works great, but no continuity/handoff. I'm on Ventura 13.1, with a newly installed Broadcom BCM9460CS. I have been trying to follow this thread. So, it seems that I need to set this:

Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags to "True."

Disable SIP as follows:

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 11.53.40 AM.png

Reset NVRAM
Reboot

And Continuity should work? Have I followed this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back